?Seven?

"Does Rosy do this often? Faint, I mean, not go crawling into secret chambers. That's more Fish Boy's thing."

Just my luck. My least favorite voice in the world is the one I wake up to. I let out an annoyed sigh.

I hear Brooke say something in his whispery soft voice, but can't really think about it because right away, a rough hand is against my head.

"Are you okay?" Adam asks. There's nothing friendly in his tone, not that I had expected anything different.

Okay, I did, if I'm honest. But definitely not from this dude. I nod in answer.

"Good," he continues. "Now try telling me what happened."

"Nothing," Aura tries to hide under a cough.

"Be quiet, Airblood. Just keep your mouth shut for five minutes."

She huffs. "Just keep your pride shut for just five minutes, yeah? And try not to get dewy-eyed over Rosy."

"Shut up," the rest of us say. Though I'm sure that I was the most passionate. What did that last part even mean?

Brooke turns to me. "So what happened? You said something about the same attackers before you went out?"

I nod. My breathing studies somewhat, and my body calms as the adrenaline leaves. Still, mentioning Sey and the people in the tunnels make me jittery. "The people—person—who came to the Terra and tried to kidnap me, he could...uh, do stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" Adam asks, not too unkind this time.

What kind of stuff? That's a question that I've been asking myself for days. They're going to laugh at me. I can see it now: Aura howling, Brooke crying because he's laughing so hard, and Adam letting out a good and solid "ha."

"Uh..." Maybe the people who attacked the other heirs did the same thing. No, it couldn't be possible because they were probably killed before they could. "None of you would believe me if I told you."

Aura snorts. "Try me, Flower Child." I flinch at her tone. One would expect being cut some slack—or just being treated nicely—right after regaining consciousness, but nope. Not with this girl.

"You know what?" Adam snaps. "Get out, Airblood. Get out. You're just making a mess of things, and no one needs it."

"Excuse me? I'm sorry, but—" She suddenly stops. For a second, she does nothing but stare straight ahead and breathe. Then, "Fine. The further away I get from you, the better." She flips her light hair as she struts through the door, making sure to slam it as hard as possible on her way out.

"Do you guys need me out, or..." Brooke trails off, waiting for our answer.

Adam nods. "That would help."

Without another word—which isn't too out of the ordinary—the Waveblood quietly walks out, this time gently shutting the door.

"Weird," I immediately say. Did something happen while I was out? Usually Adam is so reserved, and Aura...well, she's Aura.

"The Airblood didn't throw a fit. It's about time she stops acted like a brat," Adam huffs but I can't help but noticed that his usual coldness and anger isn't directed toward the statement.