Chapter 28: Confession

"May I have your attention please." The queen called the attention of the crowd. Another fete was held because apparently something important needs to be announced.

I saw Mattheo nearby and I decided to have a serious talk with him. For the past week he's been avoiding me and it's too obvious since he can't even look at me in the eyes.

"Hey!" I tried to greet him but he pretended not to hear me.

"Did I do something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" Still no answer.

"If I would just know the reason for your action then fine, I will not bother you anymore." He didn't budge.

"Please don't be an asshole."

Something must've snapped within him that he turned around to face me and held my arms tightly.

"I'm gonna say this once so you better listen, I need to stay away from you. Why? Why don't you ask the prince for answers and not me. I should never talk to you, see you, touch you and even smell you but I need to clear myself that everything I do, I do it because I was ordered to and I need to because I want to keep my job!" After his outburst, he let me go and returned his attention to the queen.

"I'm glad to announce that the Royal Family will be welcoming another member of the family soon." The crowd clapped and cheer from the announcement.

"What?" I uttered not because the queen was pregnant but because of the realization that Prince Gregory IV threatened Mattheo to stay away from me. Not that I don't care about the baby but what in the world would the prince meddle with my personal affairs? That's just something a sociopath would do.

I knew it that controlling sonovabeach!

My hands curled into a ball and I swear I could punch someone in the face this very moment. My body was agitated and I'm itching to scream at the prince but I can't ruin the event.

I just glared at him. Maybe I could wait a little before I can explode. I clapped my hands furiously trying to shake of the feeling of anger.

---
My god! This celebration is taking too long! I can't find the opportunity to talk with the prince alone since the royal family has always been together ever since that pregnancy announcement.

And I've been irritable for the past hours because I can't vent out my frustrations.

Finally when the night was just starting, the party was over. When everybody started to part ways, I grabbed the opportunity to drag the prince where I believe is secluded from everyone.

"What now?" He grumbled.

"I know what you did." I proclaimed confidently.

"And that is?" He asked as if he was not interested in what I had found out.

"I know you threatened Mattheo to stay away from me."

"Why that babbling-" I quickly seized his arm before he would try and attack the captain. He's got the guts to be angry when in the first place I should be the one who is furious.

"Why exactly are you meddling with my relationship with others? How could you order someone to stay away from me? Do you have a problem with me? Cause if you have, say it directly to my face!" I inhaled deeply trying to catch my breath after the last sentence.

He stared at me with his dead eyes before puffing out some air.

"Do you really want to know?" He was daring me.

"Of course! I want to know the reason why you're acting like a psychopath!"

"Do you?"

"Yes I do!"

We were probably screaming our lungs out. The night was cold and dark. Nobody knows were out here in the garden.

"Aren't you smart enough to read the signs?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I hate it when you smile at Mattheo. I hate it when you long for his company. I hate it when you would rather choose to be with him than to be with me and most importantly I hate it when someone tries to take something that I like!"

The same chill that I felt when he screamed at me started to paralyze my body. It was the second time I saw him this intense.

"I don't understand what you're trying to say." I responded.

"Arrrggh!" He kicked the ground forcibly while he was mumbling some gibberish words under his breath. Now I'm actually scared. It looks like he wants to punch me in the face.

"I frickin like you okay? I like you! I didn't know why, but I feel threatened when I know you wanna be with him instead of me!" He fumed.

I gasped for some air trying to comprehend what he had just said.

"Liking someone should never go to a point wherein you want control his life. Look, I like Mattheo but I would never do something so crass and insulting like the way you did."

"That's not what I meant!" Why is he talking like some rabid dog?

"Oh. You mean like like as in a romantic way like?"

He bit his lips and he nodded. My mind totally shut down from the sudden information that was disclosed to me. That is so unexpected.

"So?" He asked after the outburst.

"Uh. I guess thanks?" Is he asking for a reply?

"That's it? Thanks?" He asked sarcastically. "I just said that I like you and from all the thousand words in the dictionary you chose... Thanks?"

"What do you want me to say? Are you asking me if I like you too?"

"Yes!" He raised his arms like I just discovered something that never dawned on me.

I stared at him. Many questions are on my mind and he's asking for an answer that I didn't even know.

Why is he looking at me? Is he expecting me to say I like him too? O my god this is too much. I can't take the pressure.

"I don't know." I muttered. Before he could even reply, I gathered all of my strength left to ran away from him.

----

Cover design by: SimplyReaderWriter18

Thank you for the wonderful cover :)

Follow me: