CHAPTER 16

TAYLOR'S P

TAYLOR'S P.O.V.

The perks of blacking out in a pub that you're familiar with is someone you know might somehow come to your rescue. I don't know what I was thinking going for a drink and drinking till I blanked out but thank goodness I had a saving grace whoever it was that took me home.

Zachary has really been staying home. As much as I am happy, I am also worried, I walk downstairs from my room with slight headache into the living room to see my dad sitting on the sofa watching a football match with a Diego on a public holiday. That's a first if you ask me.

"Goal!" Zachary shouts with excitement .

I am extremely surprised. I have never known Zachary to be interested in football matches. It's not like he ever hated them, just didn't have the time to. Diego turns to look at me and shrugs his shoulder. I nod my head to the kitchen indicating that he should head over there. Once I enter, I see mom was seating on a chair absentminded while the eggs she is frying is burning.

"Mum? Mum?!" I shout hurrying to put out the fire, "What on earth is going on here?" I say after I have put out the fire.

Mum looks at me confused then she quickly stands up and goes to the cooker to check it out but I stop her.

"I've put it out! Tell me what's going on?!" I say really worried.

Something is wrong. Mom's distracted and dad's home. Those two things together never means something good.

She stumbles on her way to sit down back to which Diego runs to help her. My breathing is becoming labored from anger at the fact something is going on and nobody has chosen to tell what it is as usual.

"Just tell me, mum!"

"Shut up, Taylor! Are you blind? Can't you see she's crying?" Diego shouts at me. At this I sigh and calm down. I take a seat in front of her then I hold her hand firmly, I said softly, "Talk to me mommy. What's going on?"

Her tears reduce but her sobs increase. How does it feel to see your mum crying in front of you and you have no idea why? Because this sort of feels like hell.

"Haven't you wondered your dad has been home?" She asks controlling herself.

"Yes I have." I say already knowing that there's a connection between the two. "What's going on?" I ask at the same time Diego says, "Is dad been at home a bad thing?"

Mum sighs trying to get control of her emotions before continuing, "He was suspended..." then she trails off.

Those words somehow feel very familiar and I close my eyes hoping they're not insinuating what I think they are..

"Because?" I quickly ask wanting her to deny my suspicion, wanting her to claim it wasn't because of that. But somehow before any word leaves her mouth, I feel it in the way she holds me tighter that it is just what I think it is.