Part II

Part II - The Empty Shell

          Once upon a time, there was a princess, whose heart is pure, and gives the gift of joy to all around her. Her two best friends are two boys who protect her and bring joy to the princess. One of the boys was discovered to have the ability to wield the mysterious Keyblade, a weapon with immense power. At first, he felt the burden of the responsibility upon his shoulders; the princess lifted the burden, and took some of it onto her. Soon after, the princess was kidnapped, and the two boys set out to find her and restore ease in the kingdom.

The man known as the Dark One, sees the desperation in the Keyblader's heart. He speaks to the chosen one, offering a deal to use magic to find the princess. The Keyblader, although skeptical, took the deal, unknowingly giving up his most prized possession, a charm from the princess. He finds her practically dead in an evil fairy's castle, along with the other protector captive. The Dark One helps them once more, and collected his payment. The two protectors fight and defeat the evil fairy. Then the Dark One informs them that the princess cannot live without her heart, which is hidden away next to the Keyblader's own heart.

Out of love, the Keyblader willingly sacrifices himself, almost killing himself and successfully bringing the princess back. The princess is nearly heartbroken when she finds him on the brink of death. However, something was created in the process of the sacrifice that could save the Keyblader's life...

            A bright and shining castle made of silver and covered in vines. The entire Kingdom of Light was in grief for their lost Keyblade wielder, save for one person. The princess known as Kairi went down to a hidden room in a tower. She entered, and saw that Sora, her savior and best friend was in a sleep so deep that he didn't move an inch. A single tear fell down the princess' face as she walked over to him and took his hand into hers. "Please come back to me," Kairi croaked, trying to hold back the tears. "I won't let you go." she leaned down to press a kiss to his forehead.

            Unknown to Kairi, Riku, her other best friend was watching from afar. He saw the look in her eyes as she watched over Sora. He had only seen the look once, and that was a long time ago. Riku walked away, wanting to give Kairi some privacy.

            "It's sad to see true love split up," he mumbled. He wandered down the tower stairs and through the eerie hallways. The servants were given the day off, for the castle's residents wanted to be undisturbed. Riku reached the throne room, where the King sat, sadness evident in his eyes. "Your majesty," Riku kneeled.

            The King looked up. "Rise, Sir Riku."

            Riku stood up properly.

            "How is Sora?"

            Riku shook his head. "No sign of waking up."

            "And my Kairi?" the King asked.

            "Heartbroken. She's not going to leave his side anytime soon."

            The King sighed. He had always trusted Sora and Riku to protect Kairi, but Sora's sacrifice was to the extreme. "I can still hardly believe that he would go to the extremes just to save Kairi's life."

            Riku nodded. "Yeah, well, people will go to great lengths for that rare thing, true love."

            Taking in Riku's words, the King sighed. "There's someone I'd like you to meet, and do not tell Kairi about this." he closed his eyes and silently wished. A figure that glowed bright blue appeared out of nowhere. Her wings resembled that of a dragonfly’s.