Chapter 11

It had been nearly a month since our return to the guild hall, Once we got the authorities involved it was found out that all the maids in the mansion were in the same boat as Lucy. After she had been cleared by a doctor she came back with us without a second thought. Lucy had yet to recover her memories, and because of that she seems to get sadder and sadder with each passing day. It honestly hurts my heart to see her this way. Most days we walk around town and I talk, telling her all the different adventures we've gone on. She laughs along when I tell her all the goofy parts. But she cant remember any of it.

    Just like any other day we found ourselves at the guild hall. Everyone's been amazing about this whole mess. As soon as it was brought to light what had happened to Lucy, they've done everything they can to either jog her memory or make her feel less out of place.

    I had Gray in a headlock after he said something I cant remember but it ticked me off and before we knew it we were in a full out brawl. I could hear Lucy laughing from behind me which just put a big smile across my face.

    "What are you grinning about flame head!?" Gray roars reversing my hold throwing me into a nearby table.

    I rushed back onto my feet catching both of his hands trying to push him back, "Nothing you ice princess!!" I retort connecting a fist into the side of his cheek.

    I give Lucy a sideways glance and I see her talking to Mavis and the new guy, Zero I think his name was. They looked like they had something big to talk to Lucy about and before I had a chance to break off from Gray the trio made their way for the door. With my attention pulled away Gray took the advantage and gave me a good uppercut causing me to unceremoniously fall to the floor. I looked dazed but caught Zero's gaze. He shook his head as they left the hall a smirk on his lips at my position. I sighed giving him some half ass toss moving back to my table.

    He gave me a quizzical look but gave up sitting down beside me, "You doing OK?" he asked me.

    "Truthfully? No...... Ever since she got back I've been putting on the brave front for her. But..... Ive caught her a few times now since shes gotten back, when she thinks no ones looking she has a look of being lost, lost and afraid." I sigh ruffling my hair, "I don't know what to do Gray....."

    "there's only one thing you can do." he said softly looking away from me, "be there for her. and believe she will overcome this."

    I looked at the door. It took all my effort not to go.

    "do you know what those three are up to?" He asked me.

     I shook my head locking my jaw.

    "then why don't you go find out?"

    "because....." I started knowing I dont have any real reason so I just fell silent.

    He cocked an eye at me before shaking his head biting back whatever he was going to say.

    The two of us were silent for a while before he spoke quietly, "If something was up with Juvia I would want to know...." He wasn't looking at me, I scrutinized his look, was that pink on his cheeks?

    I mulled it over in my head for a brief time before moving for the door, "Ill be back later."

    With a nod of encouragement I set out to follow after Lucy.

    It didn't take me very long to find them out on the beach. The three of them sitting side by side with Lucy in the center. The trio were just staring out over the open water. Mavis turned around looking at me she smiled at me, "couldn't stay away hmm?" she giggled softly scooching over giving room beside Lucy who looked at me guiltily.