One

M I K E

"Something is coming." I said, glancing at every player present in this room. "Something hungry for blood."
"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." Dustin sniffed, rubbing his nose. "What is it?" Will asked anxiously, his trembling hands placed on the table. "What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin asked, his eyes widened. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." He muttered, holding his head in his hands.
"It's not the Demogorgon!" Lucas spat, glaring at what he calls wimps. I eyed them one by one. "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" I yelled out. Their sigh of relief was quite evident as I slammed the tiny figurine on the board. "Troglodytes?" Dustin snorted. "Told ya." Lucas chuckled, and soon everyone was giggling.

( Y / N )

I ran through the trees and down dirt paths, it was night, and everything was pitch black. Faded lights from distant flashlights slightly illuminated the trees beside me. They were on to me. They're gonna find me.

M I K E

"Wait a minute . . ." Dustin suddenly looked up at me. "Did you hear that . . . That sound? Boom . . . Boom . . ."I frowned a little, hitting the table with my balled hands to scare them. "Boom!"

( Y / N )

"(N)!" [Number (besides 11)] His loud booming voice echoed. "(N)! Please come back!" I stopped dead on my tracks, my eyes so wide, my body trembling violently, and my hands sweaty even if the night was freezing.

M I K E

"That didn't come from the troglodytes, no, that . . . That came from something else." Slamming down the mini figurine even harder on the table. "The Demogorgon!" They all groaned as I leaned in and smirked widely at all these idiots I call my friends. "We're in deep shit." Dustin choked.
"Will, your move!" I yelled at him. "I don't know!" He was sweating, he was afraid. "Fireball him!" Lucas shrieked. "I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!"
"Too risky. Cast a protection spell." Dustin spoke, contemplating heavily on the situation. "Don't be a pussy! Fireball him!" He yelled once more. "Cast protection." I snickered, leaning in even more, and slightly stood up. "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. Boom!"
          "Fireball him, Will!"
          "Cast protection."
          "He roars in anger!"
          "Fireball!"
Will threw the dice down a little too hard, making them topple down on the ground. "Oh, shit!" He yelled. "Where'd it go? Where is it?" Lucas said. All of us scattered on the ground, getting on all fours and started searching.
          "I don't know!"
          "Is it a 13?"
          "I don't know!"
          "Where is it?"
          "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"
          "Can you find it yet?"
          "No I can't find it!"
          "Mike!" I snapped my head up at the mention of my name. "Mom! We're in the middle of a campaign!" I muttered, staring up at her from down the basement stairs. "You mean the end? Fifteen after." She left and I ran up behind her. "Mom, wait, just twenty more minutes!"
          "It's a school night, Michael. I just put Holly to bed. You can finish next weekend." She muttered, not even daring to look at me. "But that'll ruin the flow!"
          "Michael."
          "I'm serious! Mom, the campaign took two weeks to plan. How was I supposed to know it was gonna take ten hours?" Finally, she looked down at me, disbelief written across her face. "You've been playing for ten hours?" I sighed, and tried to dismiss it. "Dad, don't you think that twenty more—"
           "I think you should listen to your mother." He simply said, giving the television set a hard hit. "Dang dumb piece of junk!" He swore.

( Y / N )

          I'm gonna die here. This is my end. I quickly ran down behind a bush and crouched down. Realization suddenly hit me. Why am I running away? I have no more family, no house, no whatever. It would be useless running away from the lab. I slowly rose from my position, just as the flashlights bright light showed right beside me. That's when I hear some rustling just from behind me. It sounded so quick, like light wheels rolling against pavement. Now's my chance. Just in time, I ran for it. "H-Hey! I think we found her!" Their distant yells echoed. I kept running and running, not daring to look back.

D U S T I N

          I paddled my bike beside Will. "Race you back to my place? Winner gets a comic." I boasted. Will smiled widely. "Any comic?" Sighing, I shrugged. "Yeah." Will then speeds up and gets ahead of me. "Hey! Hey! I didn't say "go"! Get back here! I'm gonna kill you!"
          "I'll take your X-Men 134!" I stopped for a while, watching as he disappeared from sight. "Son of a bitch." As soon as I said that, I started paddling, then the bushes started to rustle. I raised a brow, slowly stepping away from the bush. "Mews? Is that you? How did you get this far?" I nervously asked.
          A girl suddenly appeared, and the first thing I noticed is her shaved head, however you could still see her (H/C) under the glow of the street light. [Please take note that you came out of the lab, so your hair is short due to it being constantly cut.] Her bright (E/C) eyes shined, but were widened with fear. She immediately looked past me at my bike. "Hi." I awkwardly said. She ignored me and headed for my bike. "U-Uhm, Wait!" I shrieked.
          Just as suspected, she held the handles of the bars and got ready to hop on. However, she was too small. Either that or she has never seen a bike before, because she was trying to get on the top tube instead of the saddle. Lights from inside the forest suddenly illuminated the darkness. "(N)?" A mans deep voice echoed. I turned to look at the girl, and she seemed to be panicking even more. "W-Who are those?" I yelled. She closed her eyes for a while, trying to calm herself down. "The bad men." Was all she said. "(N)? We aren't gonna hurt you! Papa just wants you home."
           I was kind of convinced that she ran away from home now. But in the same time, she ran away from prison. "You gotta get back with your dad!" I whisper yelled. She looked up at me with a surprised glare. "He is not my father." She spat. "(N), is that you?" The voice was now so close. "Shit, shit, shit!" I cussed, and turned to see that she was sitting in the top tube, holding the handles.
          Without thinking twice, I rode the bike and sped off to my place, ignoring the fact she was balancing herself on the top tube