Getting into the Warzone

Harley walked over to the boxes and opened hers and J's with an excited squeal as she pulled out her old jester costume before shifting through the clothes, not noticing J walk up behind her. She squeaked in shock as she felt a hand on her waist. She turned and smiled seeing J. He rolled his eyes and leant down into the box pulling out his purple trench coat and Arkham sweat pants. He noticed Croc eyeing at his coat. J held it up a smirk on his face. "Friend or family?" He asked before bursting out laughing. He turned seeing Harley starting to unbutton the top of her prison uniform and quickly grabbed her arm. "What do you think your doing?" He asked. She shrugged, "changing, why?" He growled. "Not in front of all these people!" He snapped. Harley glared, "well I don't see a dressing room- do you?!" J snorted and took off his coat using it as a makeshift curtain. Harley rolled her eyes playfully as she began to change out of her prison uniform and into the blue and red hot pants with fishnets and daddy's lil monster shirt. J removed the coat when he saw she was done. She smiled up at him and stood on her tip toes to reach him and pecked his cheek affectionately. He snickered and pulled her closer to him as he handed her the baseball bat he had given her when she made her first kill.

Three Years Ago...

J smiled fondly as he watched his Harley taunt the man that was her ex boyfriend with the bat and then proceed to beat the man to a bloody pulp. J laughed and clapped his hands at her performance. "Well done Harley girl! Well done!" Harley blushed, "Aw thanks puddin!" She chirped kissing him lightly. He grinned, "Y'know your awfully good at beating people within an inch of their life with that bat..." He said. Harley shrugged, "Well I guess I'm good-" J suddenly grabbed her arm and wretched the bat out from her grip. "Do you promise to use this as your signature weapon? Do you vow to always take this bat on heists?" Harley grinned. "I do." She said nodding eagerly, He smiled and handed her the bat. "Then I believe this is yours."

Harley hopped up into the heilo and sat down and looked over at J. He started over but stopped as Deadshot and Croc sat down on either side of her. J growled but was stopped by a Japanese woman who clearly meant business. J grunted as he was shoved down next to Flag. Harley pouted folding her arms across her chest. The ride was silent for about five minutes until Harley began searching her jacket pockets and checking her holster. "Hey J? Do you have my bubblegum?" She asked J rolled his eyes. "No Harl- I don't." She glared. "Ya didn't even check!" She snapped. J groaned and checked his sweatpants pockets. "Don't have it." Harley glared. "All your pockets J," She said coldly. J groaned and reached into his coat and pulled out a couple of pieces of bubblegum and handed it off to Harley who eagerly took them and popped them into her mouth, and began blowing bubbles and popping them repeatedly. Flag was about to say something when the heilo shook and began to fall. Harley spit out the gum and screamed as the heilo crashed into the pavement below. Harley staggered out of the heilo and looked around at the other criminals. She froze. J. She gave a shriek of horror and ran back into the heilo and returned a few moments later with J. Flag looked around. "Is everybody okay?" He asked. J looked over at Harley, "You good?" He asked scanning her body for injuries. She nodded, "Yeah I'm fine but what abo-" She suddenly screamed and cursed. J glared "What the hell Harley?!" He snapped. She shook her head and moved his coat revealing a large piece of shrapnel lodged into his torso. Flag cursed and looked over. "There's a hotel. We'll stay there for tonight, in the morning we'll airlift you to a hospital, then back to Belle Reve," he said looking at J. Harley shook her head, stepping in front of him. "No, if you get me a first aid kit I can stitch it up- I'm a doctor." Flag glared, "If it's bad we can't get the equipment." He challenged. Harley glared. "Well your not the one who stitches him up every time he comes home after a battle with the Bat!" Flag grunted and turned around and led them over to a dilapidated building with a sign that read 'Hotel Bouvier' Flag stopped everyone at the front. "Okay- we've got the room assignments right here- Katana, room 204, Gigu, room 205, I'm in, 206, Newman, 207... Now for Task Force X, Diablo, room 501, Harley Quinn, 502, Slipknot, 503, Croc, 504, Joker, 505, and Deadshot, 506. Now everyone but Joker and Harley to their rooms- Katana stay here." He ordered as Gigu handed him a first aid kit, which Flag then gave to Harley. "Hurry up so we can get to sleep," Flag ordered as Harley stripped J of his coat and began cleaning the wound. J hissed in pain, "Jesus Christ Harley! Stitch it the way Frost showed you!" J snapped. Harley sighed, "I don't have the same tools we usually have J- and this needle is dull so it's going to be more pain than usual." J groaned and gave the occasional hiss of pain as she stitched his wound. After an agonizing fifteen minutes, Harley had finished stitching J's wound. She held up the piece of shrapnel and showed it to J, "It's your average batarang puddin', it'll be fine in a couple hours." J nodded and stood up from the table and pulled her close, pressing a kiss to her lips. "Thanks baby," he said. She nodded leaning her head on his shoulder. Flag stood up, "alright let's get a move on-" he said ushering them upstairs to their rooms. Harley stopped at her door. "Question, why aren't J and I sharing a room?" She asked. Flag rolled his eyes. "So we can all get to sleep. Now go to bed." He said shoving her into the room and closing the door behind her. She opened the door and ran over to J and slammed her lips onto his. She smiled as she felt his arms wrap around her waist. She then felt Flag pull her back. "Go back to your room Quinn." He said becoming agitated. Harley sighed and looked over at J. "Night puddin'." She said. He nodded, kissing the top of her head. "Night Harl," she watched as Flag escorted him to his own room. She grinned and walked into her room. She changed into the short black nightdress on the bed and curled up under the covers. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day.