Chapter 2: The Truth

Lily's P.O.V.

'I like Asher...' I struggled under the guards grip. "Asher?" "Yes sir?" the guy holding me smirked. "Take her back to the kingdom. You're gonna be away for awhile. Its too bad, you're such a cutie" he tied my hands together and pushed me to Asher. Asher caught me and helped me stand back up. I looked up at him, hoping to see those beautiful blue eyes, but no. He held my hands and pushed me. I struggled against him, he whispered "Please don't make this harder than it already is". I just looked down, knowing that I can't get out of this one. After awhile we arrived at the gates of Stardust. I got very uncomfortable.

Asher's P.O.V.

I noticed that she started fidgeting with her hands, she also had her head down. I pulled her hoodie over her head. She looked up shocked. I smiled, even though she couldn't see it. We got to the prison. Brian, the guard that followed me earlier, went to tell the King and Queen. she was in a cell across from me. "I never meant for this to happen.." I felt so bad. She looked at me quickly then looked away. "Take off your helmet" she told me, still looking away. I obeyed and went up to the bars. She must have heard me because she looked my way.

Lily's P.O.V.

I heard armor clinking so I looked towards the sound. It was Asher, I gave him a blank, cold stare. But he couldn't see my eyes because my ho0die and hair was falling over them. I pulled down my hoodie. I don't know why, but I wanted to go over to him. "I don't expect you to forgive me, I led him to you..." I stayed silent for a minute. "Did you intend for it to happen?" I questioned. "Huh?". "Did you intend on him following you?" I looked at his eyes. "No! He just followed me, I didn't want this to happen... you seem so familiar to me" he explained. 'His eyes they're full of sadness and regret. "Please just tell me your name" I looked over at him and sighed. "Lily" why did I just do that? "Lily you say?" a woman's voice said. I looked over to see the Queen and that guard. "Yeah, why?" I said with venom laced in my voice. She looked at me seriously, "Is your full name Lily Belle Alex?" she questioned. 'How does she..?' I came back to my senses. "How the hell do you know that?! I haven't told anyone my name!" I said walking up to the cell bars, gripping them. "Brian, let her out". "But-" he was cut off. "Just do it" Brian came over and unlocked the cell. I stepped out and leaned against a wall. "You are the ruler of a lost kingdom. Do you remember your past?" I shook my head, shocked at what she said. "Asher, instead of being here , go with Lily. Protect her with your life". "yes, my Queen" Asher steeped a little closer to me.

Asher's P.O.V.

She is royalty...a ruler to a lost kingdom. The Queen told me to stay with her, told me to protect Lily, so I steeped a little closer to her. Lily grabbed her things and looked at me. "Ready?" I nodded my head. I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me. I told her my plan on how to get out. I tied her hands together and headed toward the gate. "What are you doing here, with her?" a guard asked. " I Have orders from the Queen to take her beyond the gate to execute her" I answered. He opened the gate and we went out. As soon as we were out of sight, I took off the rope around her hands. "So.. what do we do now?" I asked. She looked at me "Go live your life, you don't have to babysit me". "Do you not understand Lily? I love you" I said it, no going back now. "Why? You barely know me".

Lily's P.O.V.

'He says he loves me...' He stayed silent for a second. "I told you, you seem familiar to me. I feel like I know you" he said to me. "Well, I wouldn't know if I know you or not, I don't remember my past. As far as I remember is being alone" I started to walk away. "Where are you going?" Asher questioned catching up to me. I turned around facing him. "Go back to Stardust and be a guard. You got me out and I'm thankful for that. Bye" I said walking away again. He grabbed my wrist and turned me around. "I was ordered by the Queen to protect you. And that's what I'll do. I'm going to protect you Lily, even if it kills me" I just looked at him. "I can handle myself. I grew up fighting. I'll be fine on my own" I broke out of his grip and started walking away. "You're the one who got caught" I stopped. "I let my guard down" I told him bluntly. "Why? Why did you let your guard down?" he's just full of questions. I just walked forward, not even looking back. 'I can't be falling for him, can I..?' I sighed, he isn't chasing after me.. 

Asher's P.O.V.

'She just left, she didn't even answer' I didn't chase her, something told me that I shouldn't. I sighed and started to walk back to Stardust. I put my helmet back on and headed to the castle to talk to the Queen. 'Good the King isn't here at the moment'. "My Queen" I said bowing. "Asher? What are you doing here?" she was shocked. "Lily told me to come back, that she could handle herself". "And you listened?!" I was shocked. "What?" I was so confused. "She just wants to be alone, she grew up alone. Today she learned something about herself, she's confused. Go find her and stay with her" I nodded and left. Hopefully she's still around. After awhile I saw something mover. I put my hand on my sword, but then realized that it was just Lily. I noticed that she was stumbling. I ran over and caught her. She pasted out mumbling my name.

Wow 1049 words. I really hope you're enjoying this book. Peace out my Shadows!

-Faded