{ 5 }

"Patrick showed me this place a couple of days ago," Joellen says to her brother as they trek through the woods, "I don't know where he got them and I honestly don't want to

  "Patrick showed me this place a couple of days ago," Joellen says to her brother as they trek through the woods, "I don't know where he got them and I honestly don't want to."
  "W-what are t-they?" Her brother asks.
  She turns to look at him behind her, "Something Patrick Hockstetter shouldn't be aloud to have."
     She says no more as they come upon an old fridge. She pulls the handle and both Denbrough children are greeted with the sight of fireworks.
  Joellen looks at her brother and grins, "Take your pick."
     Bill picked out five fireworks, none that went into the air though. The two siblings went into a small clearing that held a few scorched trees and set up the fireworks.
     Joellen took out a matchbook and lit the first firework, she ran back to her brother and turned in enough time to see it burst. Sparks of blue and green lit up the clearing and the two Denbrough siblings laughed in joy. They spent the rest of their school day with smiles on their faces.
     Walking back to school the Denbrough children had arms around each other laughing. Upon getting back to the school Bill sees his friends and goes to them after saying goodbye to his sister. 
     Entering the school Joellen goes to her locker to grab her book bag, but she sees Henry and the boys blocking her path. Rolling her eyes she try's to move around them but Henry grabs her arm and leads her to the back of the school. She barely notices her book bag in Victors hands.
     Henry leads them to a tree outside of the school and Joellen rips her arm from his grasp.
  She looks at him, "What the hell was that about Henry?"
  "Where were you?" Is all he simply says.
  "Why? Do you need to know my every little movement?" She asks sarcastically.
  "Yea I do," is his reply.
  "Why? Why most you know Henry? I'm not yours, I'm not one of the girls you fuck then throw away if that's what you think this is," she raises her voice.
  Henry takes a step back to control his breathing which got heavier. He looks back towards Joellen and grabs her face in his hands. She tried to break away but he doesn't let her.
  "Wanna know why I care? I care because your the first to have actually make me smile at simple things. Being around makes me feel, I don't know lighter. But the truth is  I'm trying to just get in your pants if that's what you. No, I want to get to know you more and not just as a friend. But as something more then that."
  Joellen just looks at him, he can't tell that it's in awe and adoration.
  Henry rips his hands from her face thinking that her silence means she didn't feel the same, "Whatever just forget what I said it doesn't matter," he starts to walk away but the sound of Joellen calling his name causes him to stop and turn around.
     He manages to catch her in enough time so that they both don't fall over. His eyes widen when he feels her lips on his but they quickly close.
     Their lips move in sync and they only break away when air becomes the upmost priority. They break away but to far from each other, Joellen leans her forehead against his.
  "Henry Bowers don't think for one second I don't care about you because I do. Every time I see I get those butterflies everyone talks about and every time we I get this feeling of tingles shooting up and down my spine. Henry I-"
  "Joellen?"
     Joellen breaks away from Henry to see her brother and his friends looking at the pair. Before she can say anything Bill walks away, she tries calling for him but he ignores her.
  "So your kissing mullet man now?"
  "Shut up Toizer!"
     Joellen towards the direction her brother went then back towards Henry. He tells her to go and she does, right in the direction of her brother.
     She sees him in the distance and starts calling his name. He starts running in the direction of their house and she starts running after him. He beats her to the house by just a second and stomps up to his room. The door closes right in her face.
  "Bill," she calls through the door, "Bill come on, answer me!"
  "You w-where kis-sing H-henry B-bowers," is his reply.
  Joellen starts to get angry, "Yes I was Bill because I like him and he likes me. He's made me smile after every thing with-"
  "H-him and his g-gang bully me and friends! T-They're ter-rible p-people!"
  Joellen backs up from the door and huffs through her nose. She kicks the door and says, "Well maybe if Richie kept his mouth shut, Eddie didn't have oh so many medical problems, and you didn't have that fucking stutter you guys wouldn't be getting bullied in the first place!"
     It silent for a moment before Bill speaks again.
  "Why couldn't you have gone missing instead of Georgie! I hate you!"
  Joellen kicks the door again, "Well you're no walk in the park either!"
     Joellen stomps away and up to her room. She paces around angry, she starts to destroy her room. The blankets are ripped of the bed, and the items on her dresser are thrown to the floor.
     Tears of anger roll down her face during her tantrum. She lets out a sail of anger and smashes her lamp. The sound echos throughout the Denbrough household.
     Joellen sinks to her floor and sits in the middle of the shards. She pulls her knees to her chest and sobs until her throat is raw.
     She can almost hear the matching sobs of her only brother left.