(STORY TIME) I Think I Saved My Puppy's Life. . .

Story Time:

So today, I was in New Jersey, since I go every year for Thanksgiving with my family, and we always stay the night and leave the next day, which was today, because it's a 3.5 hour ride back home. 

Anyways, so the door to my Aunt's house doesn't close all the way unless you turn the handle the right way, and there were a lot of my younger cousins there who couldn't close the door right, so the door just swung open randomly while we all were in the kitchen a few feet away from the front foyer.

So my puppy, Jaxson was out of his crate and walking around (with his harness on; important detail) and he managed to sneak out the front door.

Mind you, my Aunt lives in the middle of the woods, and there's a large fish pond behind her house that contained very cold water, since it's near the end of fall. 

Yeah, you guessed it, he ran towards that pond.

I was lucky enough to have noticed that the door was open early on, and I grabbed his leash and my sister's boots, told her I was sorry, and ran after him as he ran towards the pond. 

I was so lucky that as I ran after him, he was running around the base of the pond, closer to the shallow part, so just in case he slipped in, it wouldn't be a big deal. 

Also mind you, he's a natural water dog, being a Purebred German Shorthaired Pointer, so he wanted to get in the water. 

I didn't.

But if push came to shove, I would definitely have torn off my flannel, that I would never get wet, and jump in to save him. He's my baby, I would never let him drown or get hypothermia.

Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger; I stepped in some mud and almost got one of my feet stuck, but I didn't, and as I pulled the boot out of the mud, he looked back at me and started to walk toward the shallow part of the water. 

Before I knew it, he had seen the plant material on top, thought it was a path to the other side, and walked in. 

It wasn't as deep as I thought the first second he walked in, but he sank into a deeper part.

I was about to rip off my (very emo) flannel and jump in the water when the little 20-pound puppy started swimming back to me! 

He was swimming!

I was so happy to see him when he came bounding over, shivering, and I gave him a huge hug, even though he smelled like rotting algae and was soaking wet. I attached the leash to bring him back to the crowd of worried family members standing by the front door, and I grabbed a towel and laid with him on the front porch until we gave him a nice long baking soda bath. 

He's alright now, a little smelly, but alright. 

I like to believe that I saved my puppy's life, because if I hadn't ran outside, chased him around the pond until he reached the shallow part, he would have jumped into the deeper part and maybe drowned or died of hypothermia.

I don't know what I'd do if that had happened.

He shows his gratitude to me too, because he's been a lot more cuddly towards me lately, and he slept on me in the backseat on the drive home, so I think that we're going to have a great relationship, better than the one before, from now on. :,)

ANOTHER STORY!!

So this one takes place like 10 minutes away from my house... it's hilarious XD

Let me do this in a different format:

Me: Hey, I think that Jax wants a toy.

Yngr. Sister: Okay, just get one from the bag, stupid. 

Me: *Grimaces at her mean comment* Alright.

(Short writing break to take the dog out...)

Me: *Looks everywhere for the bag with the dog stuff as the puppy is trying to eat my face*

Mom: Did you find it?

Me: No.

Dad: (Sister's name), did you remember to pack the bag and bring it in the car?

Sister: I think so. . .

Mom: She forgot.

Dad: *Turns the car into a side farm-road* 

Mom: *Checks the back where I legit already checked*

Dad: Is it there?

Mom: No.

Dad: Jesus. . .

Me: Don't use our savior's name in vain.

Dad: Hush. *Turns the car around*

Me: Wait, wait, wait! 

Dad: What?!

Me: THE BACK IS STILL OPEN HOLD ON

(Our car has an automatic back that opens and closes with a button, but it didn't close all the way and opened back up)

Mom: WHAT?!

Me: THERE'S OUR BAG IN THE ROAD!

Dad: Jesus Christ. . .

Me: *Tries not to say something* WE NEED TO CLOSE THE BACK AND GET THE BAG

Sister: *Laughing hysterically*

Me: *Tries not to laugh and keeps the dog from sticking his head into the back over the seat*

Long story short, we got the bag, closed the back properly, went back home to get the dog bag that my dad was so pissed about, and my sister and I laughed about it almost the whole way to New Jersey.

The end.

Well, that's all I have for my trip. I know this was long... 1,000 words, but it's a gold mine of beautiful man-animal bonding moments and humor. What's better than that?

See ya in the soon-to-be-published Fairy Tail Texts chapter!

- Sky <3