An Engaging Surprise

Disclaimer: This uses lyrics from "From the Ground Up" by Dan + Shay.

A/N: This came from a request on tumblr for a flash forward to one of my stories. So I put it to a vote on Twitter and the winner was "Better When I'm Dancing." Let's fast forward a couple years and see what Robin and Regina are up to once the show ends...

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

There were many mornings where Regina hated her alarm and this was definitely one of them. She groaned as she buried her face against Robin's neck, breathing in his familiar pine scent. It had been missing from her life for almost a month as he went on a short cross-country promotional tour for his latest album, leaving her to fall asleep and wake up alone for thirty long days.

Of course, she was sleeping on a bed she swore was made of clouds and on the softest pillows possible. The blankets were warm and comfy like a cocoon as she drifted off to sleep each night.

Still, it was much better to have Robin to cuddle with as well.

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

Robin groaned and she felt the hand resting on her back fall away. Seconds later, her alarm clock stopped buzzing and the hand was back, fingers running up and down her spine. "I hit snooze. It'll go off again," he warned her.

"I know," she murmured. "I just want five more minutes with you."

He chuckled, kissing the top of her head. "You can have all the time you want with me tonight, sweetheart. Just like you did last night."

She smiled, pressing her nude body against his. "Can't we have an encore now?"

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

Robin slammed his hand against the off button, silencing her alarm for good as he rolled her onto her back. He hovered over her, arms on other side of her head as he gazed down at her. "Your wish is my command, milady."

"That's what I like to hear." She reached up, sliding her hand behind his neck and pulling him down until their lips met in a kiss.

"Majesty!" Roland's voice echoed down the hallway. "I can't find my blazer!"

Regina groaned, her head falling back against her pillow. "Duty calls."

"Of course it would be my kid," Robin said, burying his face in his pillow as he groaned. She chuckled, patting his back before getting out of bed to locate her pajamas and robe.

He rolled onto his side, watching her. "He can always find his blazer on his own. Maybe it'll teach him to put it away in his closet."

"I washed it last night," she admitted, pulling on her robe. "That's where I was coming from when you got home. We got so caught up celebrating, I forgot to get the blazer out of the dryer and put it back in Roland's room."

"Majesty!" Roland's voice came from the other side of the bedroom door and he knocked. "Majesty?"

Regina opened the door just enough to slip out into the hallway so that Roland didn't spot his father or his state of complete undress. Neither he nor Henry knew Robin had come home as the man had slipped in late the night before. She knew he wanted to surprise the boys, but definitely in clothes.

She smiled down at Roland. "Good morning, sweetheart."

"I can't find my blazer, Majesty," he repeated, looking upset. "I swear I hanged it up like you asked me to."

"Hung," she gently corrected. "And you did. But remember you got that stain on it? So I took it last night and washed it. I think it might be still in the dryer. Why don't we go check?"