Chapter 14 - Welcome to Durban -

Chapter 14

- Welcome to Durban -

Dan's POV:         

There was it. My parent's home country. It wasn't new for me but it had been a few years ago since I stayed here with my family.

But this time I wasn't with my family. My mother was a musician too and

she had to join her company on tour.

The past times I went to Durban with my parents' and my sister. We always did what my sister wanted to do.

Now I was grown up and independent and I was with Kyle.

He had told me his misery. Janna didn't got free from work so Kyle would have been alone all the time we weren't on tour or in the studio. Of course I didn't want my best friend to be alone and me neither.  

I invited him to join me and he agreed.

Well, actually I wanted to stay away from all the band-related things. Take a time out. But maybe it would be fun and he would be able to distract me from my thoughts.

Kyle hadn't been to Durban before.

My mother went crazy when I told her he would enter the journey.

I thought she was really happy about it 'cause I knew that she worried.

About me probably.

Well I had not looked very good when I visited my family in London a few days ago.

My eyes were swollen and red. No sleep and tears were the reason. But everytime my mother asked me about any problems I denied everything.

Now my mother hoped Kyle would help me through this time.

Probably she thought I was stuck in an early mid-life crisis.

My lovely worried mum.

So a few minutes ago we had entered our hotel. We had our own rooms of course.

I put my suitcase in a corner and lay down on my bed.

The flight was hard and I had a jetleg again. I hated this feeling.

I didn't want to pull out my things and decided to go to Kyle's room. I knocked on his door and heard a friendly

"Come in Dan."

I opened the door. Kyle lay on his bed like me a few minutes ago.

"Jetleg?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's awful."

I grinned. Our thoughts were exatly the same.

"What do you think? Do you want to go on Safari immediately or can we change the program a little bit? I am so tired."

I nodded. "Me either."

"So what about some drinks in the evening at the hotel bar?" Kyle laughed.

People thought we were some alcohol addicted guys. But it didn't bother me. We were young and free and alone in South Africa. No need to be bourgeois.

We decided to meet at 10pm infront of the lounge.

I went back to my room and set the alarm clock at 9.30pm.

My dreams were confusing and strange.

I wasn't able to rest easy although I really wanted to.

Suddenly I was startled.

I had oversleep and hadn't recognized the alarm.

It was 10.30pm.