Prologue

I had my life set, all I had to do was continue working two jobs to pay rent, finish my course at University and then finally get a professional career.

However, naturally when someone is kidnapped it kind of puts their life plans on halt and messes with your future. Unfortunately, that was only problem number one.

Problem number two was...

Love. It wasn't something that I was looking for and if I'm honest it seemed very irrelevant.

I never believed in love at first sight or falling in love within a week and my point is still very much valid.

It happens gradually, and I realised this as I fell in love with his personality, his hair, his eyes, the way he looked and the very rare smiles, it came to me that he was exactly what I was looking for.

The warmth you feel when they kiss you, the feeling of safety it provides when you're with them, wanting to see them every minute of the day.

However, sometimes love isn't reason enough to stay. Sometimes you respect yourself enough to know that you deserve better.

You feel devastated and lonely, all in all, it feels as if your world has just been shattered. You just want to pick up your phone and send them a text but you know you can't.

It will hurt. But you will survive.

So yeah, love can be one of the most beautiful feelings in the world, but at the same time, it can also be the worst. I would know.

---------------

"We often fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time and do unexpected things"

~Unknown

See you in August (or maybe earlier) with the first 3 chapters 💕