Chapter 5- Bald girlfriend

Chapter 5

My mouth was open for about a minute, in shock.

Luke's innocent face looked up to me, waiting for a reply.

"Um um, I'm not sure" I stumbled

"What do you mean?" He said.

"I'm sorry Luke, we're too young to marry" I said, almost crying

"Ok that's fine" his mask of disappointment thickened, as I trembled, clutching his hand

"But I still love you, more than the world Luke Hemmings" I reminded him.

He kissed me on the cheek and rose from his knees. Walking out the door.

I reached to grab him, but Andy lowered my hand.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out for you" Andy sympathetically said.

"It's okay, not your fault" I spoke with a lump in my throat.

LUKES P.O.V

My legs were weak from kneeling, I trudged down to the reception of the hospital. I was so upset, tears streaming down my face. I wanted to cheer her up.

"Someone died up there?" The nosy lady at the desk asked me.

"No, just rejected a marriage" I mumbled.

"Oh sore" she said

Someone died up there? That reminded me, my beautiful girlfriend who is suffering of severe breast cancer a floor above me, and All I am doing is crying because she rejected my marriage. What was I thinking? I don't know how long she has left, she doesn't either.

I ran upstairs to the room Beth was in, but she had disappeared.

"Excuse me, but do you know where Bethany Silvers is?" I asked a random nurse, holding a clipboard

"I'm sorry, she has gone into a medication room, no access for visitors" She replied

Oh god.

BETH'S P.O.V

This medication room is weird, the walls are stacked with mountains of tablets and medicines. Andy was holding my hand whilst I was leaning back in a chair that you usually have in a dentist.

"Okay love, the scan is done" Andy says, rising from his chair and walking over to a machine carrying all sorts of data.

"Beth, It looks like your going to have chemotherapy in order to get better" He said, a little shocked.

I nodded, this meant that I would have hair loss. Oh Luke, how long will I love you?