BFG 002

CHAPTER 2

“You… You can’t make me happy, Glai. Please let me go…”

“How long have you been a wedding photographer, Glaiza?”

Glaiza glanced up from one of her photo books and took a sip on her coffee before answering.

“Four years now.”

“Wow! But, that’s actually not that long. I mean, compared to the other photographers that have been in the industry for decades.”

Glaiza and Lovi had met up for the second time to discuss about the wedding details. Wanting
to change the atmosphere a bit, the shorter girl had opted to meet in a cozy cafe just a few blocks away from her studio.

“Photography has always been one of my hobbies, but I never thought of making it a
profession.”

“That’s interesting. Why do weddings though? Why not fashion photography, or even nature?”

Glaiza smiled at Lovi before leaning back on her chair. She took a glance outside the window, towards the passing cars and the people strolling outside. For four years she had forced herself to look at life differently, taking in every single detail for it makes up and completes the bigger picture.

She had decided to just let go of everything and start fresh.

At least she thought she had, but obviously it wasn’t the case. She picked up new hobbies, a new job, a new outlook in life, but as time went by, Glaiza had realized how everything “new” had managed to connect them to her.

With a sigh, Glaiza turned towards Lovi and gave out a sad smile.

“It reminds me of something I can never have.”

Lovi furrowed her eyebrows and just as she was about to ask, her phone lit up, displaying the
name of her fiancé.

“Excuse me Glaiza , I need to get this.” Glaiza nodded as Lovi excused herself.

The shorter girl continued to browse on the photo books while trying to quietly brainstorm on her new client’s wedding theme when Lovi got back from her phone call.

“My fiancée will join us in a bit. I can finally introduce you to the most beautiful girl in the
world,” Lovi beamed like the sun at her own introduction and Glaiza can’t help but chuckle at the cute display of affection.

“Do you know that you’re the most beautiful girl in the world?”

“You’re so cheesy, Glai! I love you.”

“I love you too.”

A sad smile had once again graced the shorter girl’s face.

‘The most beautiful girl in the world, huh?’

The sound of the cafe door opening and a bell ringing snapped Glaiza from her reverie. She
check her watch and realized that she had been spacing out for a handful of minutes now, but
fortunately, her client was too busy ogling at her photo books to notice the lack of attention.

Soon enough, a girl approached their table.

“Oh, you’re here,” Glaiza saw Lovi smile and stand up at the sight of the newly arrived
individual as the latter turned towards her to give her a short peck on the lips.

“Glaiza, this is my fiancée, Solenn Heusaff.”

“Ah, the bride-to-be. You’re right Lovi, she is indeed a beauty.” Glaiza stood up and
offered her hand, which the new guest graciously took before taking a seat beside her fiancée.

The three had now settled back at their table and continued to discuss the upcoming event.

After flipping in and out of some of the photo books that Glaiza brought as pegs, Solenn had started to initiate small talk. It is indeed rare to have a meeting with the wedding photographer Glaiza De Castro without having to rush or dodge several new clients.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Miss De Castro. I’m a fan,” Solenn started as she sipped her latte.

“Thank you. It’s nice to meet you too, Miss Heusaff. Or should I say future Mrs. Poe?”

She saw Solenn blush for a bit and it made her chuckle. The couple was acting really cute in
front of her and she can’t help but be jealous.

‘It has been so long… I wonder how it feels like to be in love again… To be with someone
again…’

“I’m glad that you can accommodate our wedding, Ms. De Castro. I was really excited when Lovi here told me the good news.”

“It was a funny story actually. I was about to break the bad news to your fiancée here when my client who had previously owned the slot the same date as your wedding withdrew her
reservation,” Glaiza explained.

The rest of the day had been spent on brainstorming and casual talk between the three and not long after, they had reluctantly separated as they day was nearing its end. Glaiza admitted that Lovi and Solenn’s company had helped her mind stray from its normal thinking. Somehow, she had enjoyed teasing the new couple, something she rarely did with her clients. She surprisingly felt comfortable with them and she was thankful for it. At least it would ensure a smooth working relationship with them, and she doesn’t mind getting new friends too.

Glaiza stood still just outside the café and looked up at the night sky. The stars were shining brightly tonight, and though the moon was shyly hiding behind the clouds, the stars were enough to illuminate the peaceful dark atmosphere. She breathed in the cold air and started walking towards the direction of her apartment.

Tonight, she’ll come home to a quiet apartment, crawl under the coldness of the sheets on an
empty bed and wait until sleep takes over her and dream of that day again like a broken record.