Surprise

It had been two months since Lylah's visit to the states. She still couldn't forget what had happened, still couldn't forget his groans and the ragged curses he had muttered as she made him. . . come.

Eeek! She blushed just thinking about it. Two months later, she still had wet dreams about it, getting teased, of course, by Oli himself. She didn't know why she kept telling him about them. That was just. . . gaah, he was a stupid, persuasive man.

Anyways. Two months had passed and they had continued Skyping back and forth. They had even had "movie dates." Both of them put on the same movie, then watched it together while talking on Skype, eating their popcorns and dinner.

Lately though, things had fallen a bit more quiet between them. The holidays were upon them, the stress of Christmas, and since her last book of her first 3-piece novel had just come out, things were a bit hectic for her, too. She was reading reviews, handling ARC's, signing books and hosting giveaways, plus keeping up with all her social media and still getting some writing done. Not to forget she had work and school. Honestly, she didn't know how she did it.

It was the same with Oli. Between his two jobs, friends, the gym, writing and shopping for the holidays, neither of them had found much time to Skype or write each other lately. It was bumming Lylah out, but hopefully things would calm down after New Years.

One late Wednesday afternoon, Lylah was sitting in her bed, trying to finish an essay on her laptop. She was struggling and she was having one hell of a headache, when suddenly, his icon popped up.

- TheBibicalSinner Is Calling -

The Skype banner blinked on her screen, and with a quick whoosh in her stomach, she pressed the green button and then smiled when she saw him. "Hi."

He looked like he had just come back from the gym. He was in his gym clothes and looked sweaty and tired, eyes heavy, but still smiling as they laid eyes on her face. "Hey. I wasn't sure you were going to pick up."

"I'm just finishing an essay," She told, watching as he walked into his living room and sat down with an exhausted sigh, laying his head back against the neck rest. "How are you? You look beat," She chuckled nervously.

He chuckled back. "I am. Just came from the gym. Gonna hit the shower in a sec, just wanted to check in and see how my Queen was doing."

She blushed a little. She would never get used to his endearments. "I'm good, I'm just tired as well. I've still got ten more pages to go before I can call it a day."

"You got work tonight?"

"Thankfully, no. What about you? Any plans?"

He shrugged, but then stood up, walking towards his bedroom, carrying his phone with him. "Meeting up with a friend later tonight. We're gonna grab a bite to eat, maybe watch the new Marvel movie."

"Cool," She said, feeling a tug of miss in her stomach when he set his phone down as he walked into the bathroom, starting to remove his sweaty clothes. "I hope you have fun then."

He grinned a little at her, watching her eyes drop to his stomach as he lifted his shirt up. "I'll do my best. Hey, L?"

"Hm?" Her eyes quickly lifted and she felt her cheeks burn when she saw the knowing smirk on his lips. Crap, she was busted.

He slowly moved his hand into his gym shorts, giving her a real show. She squealed and then hid her face in her hand as he cupped himself, winking dirtily at her. "Oh my gosh, stop it, you tease!"

He laughed, but then pulled his hand out, leaning in on the sink. "Remind you of anything?"

Yep, she was as red as a tomato. "I hate you."