21 Heart to Heart

Her mouth was warm and divinely. I shouldn't do this, but ever since I last saw Safia my f*cking mind isn't working properly. And Safia didn't object when I kissed her, but after sometime pulled off. Her face looked positively disgusted and my heart sank. Does she hate me so much? The one I would give my life to keep alive, and I  the one I have hurt to keep safe, hate me so much is a little too hard to take it at once.

"Is that alcohol I just tasted?" she asked me while I would hear Lina and Mark chuckle.

"Beer. I don't take alcohol"

"Show me to the washroom. You are an idiot. Do you know that John? An idiot. I need to wash my mouth. Beer is alcohol. Didn't they teach you that at the university of Mafia when you were doing you masters in killing people?" what the hell? I took her to the washroom.

I saw her rinse her mouth thoroughly. I am so glad no one is here to see this. I don't know what has taken over her. But I am hurt. Deeply hurt. I think I lost her forever. And I have no one but myself to blame. So, I put my head down and waited until she is done.

"If you ever kiss me again with alcohol, I will murder you from my bare hands. Got it?" I stood there without a word. It hurts. It really does. But nothing would have prepared me to what Safia did next.

She walk towards me and stood right in front of me. She took both her hands and cupped my cheeks while I was watching her fascinated and surprised. And she placed a kiss on my cheeks, while I inhale her fragrance. I really need to feel her lips but she placed her fingers on my lips.

"Not when you have had alcohol" she said burying her face in my chest, and giving me a hug. A tight hug. I kissed her forehead and stood there for a while.

"We need to talk" she is the one to break the magic. I was so reluctant to let go of her. So I took her upstairs to the terrace where I know we will have some privacy. I swear to myself I will never touch beer again even at gun point.

I hold on to her hand while I took her to the terrace. I took her a chair, and sat right beside her and put my arms around her. These are the reasons why I wanted to stay away from her. I can curse myself for not having self control latter but right now I need this.

"Why did you lie to me? why did you hurt me?"

"To keep you safe. To keep you alive" I told her the truth.

"And you think how I lived my life during your absent is worth living? The pain I went through is worth suffering just to stay safe?" she asked me.

"I would hurt you worse if that means you are safe and alive" and I meant it. I would do it all over again.

"Why are you making decisions for me?"

"I lost every single person who meant something to me. And somewhere in between I kidnapped you and got shot, you became someone I come to care. I told you, it is better not to know rather than to know and lose it" and that was the truth.

"And my feelings doesn't matter? What I feel for you doesn't matter? How I came to love you doesn't matter?" she asked me while her eyes are watering.

"Babe, please. Don't cry. That is one thing I cant bear to see" and the tears fell on her cheeks. I turned her to face me, and kissed her tears. She is so beautiful. I just wish she would take hear head scarf and let her glorious hair fall down on her back. I would do anything to see that.

She put her arms around my waist, and buried her head on my shoulders while holding me tight. She belong in there for heavens sake. No, I am not going to let her go.

"Tell me everything" she asked me. I kissed her forehead. I know I am going to make her angry when I confess the truth. Yet I told her everything. How I recovered, how we worked secretively, what happened when she called Ramose, and why I thought it was good to involve Lina...etc. I was waiting for a really stomach curling insult when I told her about Lina. But she didn't tell anything. I thank God for that. I really did.