Chapter Seven

Hermione watched her friend's horrified expressions and grabbed Draco's hand in support.

"You're married t-to the ferret?" Ron sputtered, his face turning an a shade eerily similar to his hair.

"In what world is that possible?" Ginny's mouth hung open in utter shock, but her eyes were different from the disgust filling her brother's. Harry stood quietly, seemingly still in a state of shock.

Ginny obviously disapproved of her husband's calm composure and Harry cleared his throat awkwardly.

"So...erm...how did you two meet?"

Ginny felt her eyes widen in rage at her husband's question.
Hermione had not only just shown up out of nowhere, without so much as a trace of her for twenty five years, but had just announced she was married to the Golden Trio's childhood bully, Draco Malfoy.

Although Ginny loved Harry with all of her heart, even she couldn't deny that he could be so bloody thick at times.

Ginny was fuming, there was no denying it. However, there was a small part of her that was ecstatic for Hermione. She had found the love of her life, raised a family, built a life, and it reminded me of how far they had all come in those twenty five years.

Hermione was equally as shocked as Ginny, while Draco watched nearby with a proud smirk on his lips, his pale hand intertwined with Hermione's.

Suddenly, without warning, Hermione burst out into delirious laughter.
Harry shook his head at her sheepishly, somehow making her laugh even harder. Her friends and husband all stared at her like she had just gone mad.

"What's so funny?" Ginny asked, the annoyance clear in her voice. Hermione wiped tears away from her eyes and whispered between laughs,

"I just missed you guys is all."

The anger left the faces of her friends and seemed to dissipate into the colorful beams lighting up each table. For the moment, it seemed they had forgotten she was married to Draco Malfoy. They forgot that she had left without so much as a goodbye twenty two years ago.
Ginny pulled Hermione into another tight hug, making the girl's laughter turn into a bright smile.

Their best friend was back. They would do anything to make sure she was here to stay.