Chapter 4

In the morning, I kissed Raven long and hard, drawing from him the comfort and strength I desperately needed to do this mission. He didn't mind partaking in the activity and his lips moved against mine. I parted my lips for him and his tongue entered. I shivered as his mouth made love with mine, reminding me of exactly what he could do to my body.

I wanted a repeat. Desperately.

He pulled away and I sighed, wanting to feel him pressed against me.

"I need to go, little one," he whispered into my ear, his accent thick. His body was tense with a need he knew we couldn't release right now.

A soft knock drew our attention and I briefly glared at the door for interrupting our time together.

"You better answer that," Raven said. "The camera outside points right at the doors."

I sighed, frustrated with being watched so closely. "I know, you're right." I walked over and opened the door to see Corey standing there. I noted the quick flicker of his blue eyes to Raven before meeting mine. He blushed when he realized I caught him looking at Raven, as if what he did was something dirty.

That thought made me frown. His attraction to Raven wasn't anything dirty. Hell, I was attracted to Raven. He was a powerful devil, making it really hard to not look at him.

"Corey," I said, forcing a grin on my face but something in my expression must have told him I wasn't as excited as the tone of my voice suggested. His shoulders slumped as he gave me a strained smile.

"How are you doing, Miss Hayward?" he asked politely.

"Better now that you're here and we can begin our day," I replied and pulled him into the room.

Raven stood there, smiling at us both. I shook my head.

"What's the plan for today?" Raven asked.

"Some morning sunshine by the pool, and then gambling. Gotta win big or go home. We'll explore the hotel in depth as I throw money around and give Corey chances to install those little mini cameras around. Hopefully, we can start gathering some evidence today, but I have a feeling nothing concrete will be found until I get into one of those gambling parties." I looked between the two of them and smiled. "I'll be right back. I need to go change and then we can head down to the pool. I hear they have some good specials in the morning."

I went to the master bedroom and quickly tossed on a bikini and cover up, grabbed a beach bag and filled it with supplies. As I walked out, I ended up pausing in the doorway to watch Corey and Raven interact.

They were both unguarded as they talked about something I couldn't hear. They were close enough that I wouldn't be able to fit in the small space between the two of them. These were two men who cared deeply about each other. How could they not see what I saw so clearly? And this was coming from a person people said was dense.

Well, okay, Raven called me a dunce because apparently, he'd been trying to get my attention for a while and got frustrated when I wasn't responding the way he wanted. How was I supposed to know what a fruit cup meant?

Raven said something that had Corey grinning wide. They were a contradiction that fit so well together. I could see it. Them together.

My hand went up to my chest, gripping the cover up tightly. A timer ticked away in my head, telling me I was running out of time with Raven, that they would realize how deeply they cared for each other and I would be pushed to the side. I could never step in between Raven and his happiness and Corey made him happy. Had for a long time.

I sighed and stepped into the room, gaining their attention.

"Ready?" Corey asked, not meeting my eyes. I got the distinct impression he didn't like me. I couldn't blame him. I was the obstacle between him and Raven.