Chapter 3 - The Training Begins

(I'm running out of covers for each chapter... I should probably start making more or start putting other people's art or animations... >_>" That's a short animation test of Edd I made a couple of months ago.)

Anyways, here's Chapter 3! It may be a bit boring but this chapter is important so I hope you enjoy! ❤

____________________________________________________________________________

The next day had gone quite well for Edd, the only thing Jake had done to him the entire day was shove him as he walked by him in the hallway. Not to mention his Honors English teacher had praised him for a poetry assignment he had turned in, he said it was exemplary and that he wanted to share it with the class tomorrow. Even though things were going well for him, Edd couldn't stop thinking about the meeting he would have with Kevin today after school. He had never gone into Kevin's house before, much less be invited to it. How was Kevin going to react to Edd's teachings? Would he get past his arrogance and pay mind to what Edd was going to teach him, or would he act stubborn as usual and not listen to what he had to say? The more Edd thought about it, the more intrigued and curious he became. He was too wrapped up in his thoughts that when the school bell rang, Double D jumped in surprise.

"And don't forget, your history test is due on Thursday!" The middle-aged, balding history teacher said.

Standing up from his desk and slipping his backpack on, Edd picked up his History textbook from his desk and walked out of the classroom.

The whole way home on the school bus, Edd couldn't stop thinking about how he and Kevin's little training session would go. Would Kevin start bullying and taunting him again? Or had he changed? Edd was interrupted from his thoughts when the school bus stopped at his bus stop. Edd got up, walked down the aisle, down the steps and out the bus's door. Before he could start heading towards Kevin's house, Eddy stopped him.

"Hey! Sock-Head! Wanna come help us with our next scam!?" Eddy smiled mischievously.

Edd stopped walking and turned around to face Ed and Eddy. "My apologies, but I'm afraid I have some other matters I must attend to." Said Double D.

Eddy frowned in disappointment. "What matters? School just started, usually everyone only gets little to no homework around this time."

Edd sweated nervously, he didn't want Eddy to know he was going to miss out on their activity so that he could go to Kevin's house. "I- Um... I have to tutor someone." It technically wasn't a lie, but Edd felt guilty that he wasn't being one hundred percent truthful with his friends. It had been a long time since the three of them had spent time together, and Edd felt awful that he was going to miss spending time with them in order to assist someone who had been their enemy for as long as he could remember.

Eddy sighed with disappointed. "Whatever." He paused a moment before he lightly punched Double D's arm. "Tomorrow then?"

Edd nodded. "Most certainly, I'll spend the whole day with you and Ed, assisting you two with your ludicrous scams."

Eddy smiled then playfully punched Edd's arm again, causing the boy to flinch and rub his arm. "Deal! See ya tomorrow Sock-head!" With that, Eddy ran towards his house, leaving Edd to wave goodbye.

As Edd walked up to Kevin's house, he felt himself start to shake nervously. He had never expected himself to walk up to his former bully's house on his own accord. The last time he had been here was to help Eddy taunt Kevin when he was unable to leave his house due to being grounded. Edd walked up his porch and rang the doorbell with a trembling arm. He stepped back and waited a couple of seconds before the door finally swung open.