Saved

I was just trying to be a normal person just like everyone else. However, my father prevented me from doing that. Currently I was cowering on the kitchen floor. My father was standing over me with his belt, whipping me. "You little bitch," he exclaimed "you should know to only speak when spoken to!" I laid there on the cold floor, not saying or doing anything. He stopped, and picked me up by my hair. Holding me close to his face, he hissed in my ear " hopefully this will teach you a lesson." He threw me to the floor, after that, I pulled myself up and sprang out the door. He called my name "(Y/n)! Get your ass back here!" I didn't look back as I heard him run after me. 

Turning a corner, I ran into something and went tumbling to the ground. Looking up, it was a male with a baseball cap, dark brown hoodie with the zipper open, and a black shirt that said ' Dedsec'. "I'm v-very sorry sir." I timidly said getting up from the hard sidewalk. "It's alright miss, are you OK?" He asked looking at me concerned. Just then I heard the most terrifying thing ever. "Oh there you are (Y/n)." His voice scared me to no end, I wanted to get away. The other man seemed to notice how scared I was. Then must have noticed the bruises on my arms, and put two and two together. 

"Excuse me 'sir'," the man said "but I don't think she's going anywhere with you." The man stepped in between me and my father. This only made my father angrier, so I cowered. "You think you can protect her? Why would you want to!? She's useless!" At those words, the man grew angry, and punched my father in the face. Both of them started to fight, but father was no match for this man. With one punch, my father was out cold. The man turned to me "There you go, by the way, my name's Marcus." He held out his hand for me to shake, which I did with a little hesitation. "(Y/n)." I responded quietly. He then made a suggestion "Why don't you come with me so we can get you cleaned up." He pointed to a van parked up to the sidewalk. I looked down at myself to notice that my knees are all cut up, blood trailing down my chin and bruises everywhere. Looking back up at him, I nodded, and followed him to the van.

The ride was quiet, neither of us said anything to each other. I was afraid that if I said anything I would get hit. I was broken out of my daze to hear Marcus's voice "(Y/n), we're here." Nodding shyly, I hopped out of the van. Both Marcus and I walked toward a building and went in.