Don't cry

"Hey Wrench," Marcus said breaking the silence "would you come with me to help get (y/n) cleaned up?" The man that was in front of you gave him as nod in response. You got up from the couch, and walked with them to the bathroom. I sat down on the closed toilet seat, and Wrench sat on the edge of the tub across from me. Marcus went into the cabinet and pulled out the first aid kit, handing it to Wrench. You watched as he got out cotton balls and a bottle of disinfectant. You kind of started zoning out, but was brought back by a slight sting on your lip. You flinched away a bit, but slowly calmed down. "Thanks for doing this man," Marcus said to Wrench " I would have done it myself, but your better at cleaning cuts." 

After Wrench was finished, Marcus turned to you. "(Y/n), would it be alright with you if I, told them?" You gave him a strange look, then realized what he meant and nodded. Him and Wrench walked out of the bathroom, leaving you with your thoughts. Were they going to take you back to your father? Were they just going to throw you on the streets? You were again broken from your thoughts by a small tap on your leg. Looking up, you saw Marcus standing in front of you. "I told them," he said "Ray wants to apologize for what he did." He held out his hand, and you took it. 

When you got back out there, everyone looked at you sadly. Ray was the first one to say anything. "I'm sorry for what I did (y/n)," he said "I can be a real knuckle head sometimes." You nodded showing tat you accepted his apology. You saw Wrench approach you, and open his arms slightly. "Would you accept a hug?" He asked, his xx emotes turning to ??. You slowly walked toward him, and into his gentle embrace. Wrapping your arms around him, you felt something that you haven't in a long time. Being in his arms, you felt safe. That's when you lost it, feeling the hot tears rolling down your pale cheeks. This caught Wrench by surprise, and he gently wiped your tears with the pad of his thumb. "Hey," he said softly "don't cry. You can stay with us, your father won't hurt you anymore." Everyone agreed, and you felt happy for the first time in a while.