Chapter 1

It is a windy day. So easily can I smell my prey, hidden from me within the bushes. It is night time, for the humans; and the beginning of the day for me. This is the fun part, I think. I stretch my arms and get ready to land on the human when suddenly a car speeds by. The light blinds my eyes. But for only a fraction. The human senses this and tries to run away, and I let him. I laugh for a second, a high cold laugh. It isn't much of a chase, really. The humans are really very slow. And with my strigoi strength, I easily catch up with him. He looks terrified, and I muse. He seems to be the type with sweet blood. My hand tightens on his collar and he winces. I smile, a full fletched one, which terrifies him further. A cold voice speaks "Oh, how brave. Running away from Dimitri!" And then I laugh, again. He seems to be begging for his pathetic life. "No more time to waste, Dimitri. Get on with it. Galina awaits us." Steve growls. I give a disgusted look to Steve, who seems to be mortified by it. "We shall leave when I permit, Steve. Is that clear?" He snarls, but backs away. What a waste of space, I think. It would be better if I killed him along with Galina. I snarl once at Steve and then sink my teeth into the human.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely sorry for this short chapter but I wanted the ending to be dramatic. I really hope you like this:) If not, do tell me the changes required.