Untitled Part 2

I laugh. It's a cold, drawling sound.

"You pathetic waste of space, you couldn't overpower a dhampir? And that too, a girl dhampir?" I laugh again.

He snarls. "She is coming for you, Dimitri, and when she does, I'll rip her head off."

Before he knows it, my hands are on his throat, threatening to break it into pieces. "You will do no such thing. She was mine, and she is mine. Am I clear?" I jerk his head on the wall causing him to snarl once again.

"Am I clear?" I growl.

"Yes." He frees himself from my grip and stalks away slowly, glaring at me.

"And who is yours, Dimka?" I hear Galina walk into the room with superiority.

"Rose. I will awaken her." I say coldly.

"And she will do it willingly?"

"It does not matter. She is strong and you know that. We can use her later." I smile, remembering my plans for Galina. A lot of blood and fights involved.

"I still do not like your plan, Dimka. And if anything goes wrong, I will personally make sure both of you lie dead at my feet." She snarls.

I snarl as well, not liking being treated inferior.

"I'm assuming you heard about this dhampir group running around killing our members? It's a shame that strigoi, so powerful cannot defeat dhampirs." Galina says.

"Yes, I heard. I will go and kill them al-"

"No. I want you to take care of one problem. Rose."

"She is with the group?"

"She is in the group. And as far as I'm concerned, I will kill her soon. I don't care what you do, I want her off the streets."

"I will take care of her."

She smiles, slyly and then walks away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk in one of the streets I'd heard they were in. There were no bodies of the dead strigoi. Alchemists, I presume. Ridic-

I smell dhampir. Yes, I'm sure of it.

I see her walking, taking an old lady muttering happily in Russian, across the other side of the road inside a half open door. I stand behind her.

She suddenly springs into motion and turns around, I see her assessing her threat.

"No.." A soft sound escapes her lips.

She looks the same as ever. She drinks me in and I know I have succeeded. Something deep stirs inside of me.

I smile.

"Roza. You forgot my first lesson: Don't hesitate."

And then I hit her on the head. She falls to the ground, unconscious while the old lady curses at me and screams for help. I barely have to hit her to knock her down.

I see the other dhampirs coming out, and I nod to the strigoi standing at the back. They'll take care of them, I think.

I pick Rose up, watch the dhampirs and the strigoi fight for a while, and leave.

Two of the dhampirs try to come after me, seeing Rose, but I fend them off easily.

"And now the fun." I laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is ridiculous! I will not be keeping a pet dhampir here! Either awaken her or let me drink her blood!" Galina snarls.