drive me home

Blaze's Pov

"So you have been truly living here?" Eric said as his judging eyes inspected my hotel room. My date/nightstand might have left but the mess we created was still evident. My clothes from last night, were thrown near the sofa. My shoes were by the door. My white sheets now are covering the ground beside my bed. Mess was all around and the room cleaning service still didn't come yet. 

"Yes, for the past week." I shortly answered not wanting to go through this talk with him.

"She texted me last night to make sure that you are okay." He informed and just like yesterday I just nodded at him. Alexa being the good person that I know must ask about me because I fled after meeting Austin. I just rented a hotel room and avoided her. I even shut down my phone and ignored all my social medias. 

"Assure her that I am fine." I replied keeping a clod tone not showing any kind of emotion. On the inside though, I want to ask about her well being. How is she? How is Austin treating her? Is he being a good easy to deal with baby or a crying mess? I wanted to ask yet reminding my self of her selfish decision I decided not to. She out of the blue imposed a baby on our relationship. She didn't ask about my opinion. She knew from my dad's party that I hate kids yet still... She thought only about herself. 

"She mentioned something about filing for a divorce." Eric said and I froze. I don't know why but the idea of ending whatever is between me and Alexa seems to sound too wrong. I need her but I do not want her. I feel different around her but her ideas are too much to handle. We are just too different. 

"I will talk to her about that soon." I mumbled feeling a sudden light kind of pain erupt in my whole body

"You like her just like I like Nina so why would you let her go? " He accused 

"I don't like her. She is just my friend and her selfish ways are why I am letting go of her friendship. Our relation is getting toxic. She imposes stuff on me that I do not like. I didn't want a kid and in months of being married I suddenly have a seven months old baby. Dear god, he is older than the relation I have with her. We are strangers. We cannot raise a kid. I hate kids. I hate those needy, crying creatures." I corrected yelling showing all my oppressed frustration  

"You do like her. You are possessive of her. You went crazy knowing that I was taking her out. She might not be your type but she found her way to your heart. You are just afraid because your fake relation is suddenly turning real, too real. Austin is not a cry baby too. He is cute and lovable. He stole the hearts of all the girls. Nina threw a late baby shower party for him. He is the apple of the all the girls's eyes." Eric yelled back making me angrier. Who is he to me what I feel and how to think?

"If you are so telling of my feelings and thoughts, why won't you acknowledge your feelings for Nina? Or are just a wimp with a big mouth?" I shot at him while sitting on my unmade bed. 

"I confessed to her." Eric smilingly confessed after a minute of silence 

"You did?" I echoed shocked at my player of a friend

"Yes, I did. The bets and games that we were playing got boring. My heart didn't want any other woman than Nina. I was getting upset and frustrated whenever she joined our games and picked different men. Lately, she accepted to date some Justin and I fought with her over her choices. I even used some words that should never have used and that made her angry. I tried to buy her a necklace to sooth things between us but she wouldn't accept it. On Austin's party, I just went to her and kissed her senseless. She was shocked but as soon as pulled away she kissed me again." He said grinning 

"So no more bets and games for both of you?" I asked sounding annoyed and truly I was. Don't get me wrong I am happy for them, thrilled even. Yet, our games and bets won't be as exciting because Elisa is always travelling and Chris well he is looking for "girls with souls"

"All bets and games are over." he said nodding and rolled my eyes at him

"Thanks for killing the fun." I replied coldly. Now I have lost my life for good. No bets,no games just a wife and a kid.

"We must grow up and fight for the things we want. Games and bets will get us nowhere. I hope that you will get that and start acting on it before you lose Alexa. While you are here, Luca and Chris are making a greater impression." Eric told and my body went rigid again. Luca is her best friend I get why he would help but Chris?

"Chris ?" I dumbly questioned taken aback by such information

"Yeah, Austin seems to like his laid back energy a lot. Chris is the most childish of us all so he plays with the baby the most. Austin's laugh and babbling could be heard from other rooms when Chris is around. Alexa is so appreciative of him because he also helped her around with the buying and making of Austin's stuff and crib while Luca was busy at school." He simply told and something twisted inside me

" Can you drive me home? My car was left at the park of a bar last night." I questioned and just got a nod and a smirk as an answer.