CHAPTER EIGHTEEN : NEWS FLASH

After sleeping in the woods, I snuck into a hotel room, putting a 'Do Not Disturb!' sign on the door. I snuggled into the bed and turned on the TV and switched to the news. Maybe they had something about the explosion. Like the survivors and how they think what caused it. A woman smiled brightly at the camera.

" Last night there was an explosion at the Fox Government Facility due to what police think was a terrorist attack. Witnesses say a single bomb went off before more came off unexpectedly. There has been reports so far with no survivors except the founder and his daughter who's nobody have seen for years. Mr. Fox has something to say " she gave a single perfect little nod before the camera switched to my father.

" Thanks darling " he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes with a gag. His smile won't last long, " to be completely honest with you. I didn't want my daughter to survive. She was supposed to be gone a long time ago because of her extraordinary power. I'm gonna lead multiple volunteers in the next few days to march against her. No doubt she has brainwashed others into rising with her "

The screen went back to the woman who was flabbergasted, " uh. Right. Um. I- D - Do you think she was the one reported to be controlling black figures? "

" Shadows? Yes. She's extremely powerful and dangerous. "

" Is she so dangerous that you need to build your own army? "

" Darling. I might need the army " I turned the TV off. He was making me sound worse than I am! If he's creating his own army. So will I. I made many flyers with the words, Powerful people needed and an address at the bottom.

In just a few hours the abandoned alleyway I listed was filled with people. Hundreds even. Oh God, please don't make me say some cheesy speech. Many people had hoods, beanies and glasses on, hiding their identity. I lowered my head as I tried to pass through the crowd. How was I gonna do this? I kept a hoodie over my face as I made my way up some boxes, everyone started looking at me but it was still loud. I waited with my face still hidden for it to be quiet. Soon, it was quiet. Just a few people shuffling around and coins jangling in people's hands and pockets. People were betting on what this was about.

" Thanks for gathering here " I started. There was murmurs," the reason you're all here today is because of the war waged on the news "

" Called it! " A voice rang out. People shouted at each other and even at me. People were yelling,

" We don't want to join the government! "

" Mr.Fox is a fraud! ", and more. I took my hood off, letting my hair fall down to my back.

" Yes I know. Many of you already heard my name but this is the first time I've shown myself to the public in 10 years! My name is Scarlett Fox, and I want to lead you against my father. " I yelled. There was quietness amongst them. Was that good. There was a soft voice as a man came forward a bit.

" Prove it. Fight me " a circle formed in the crowd and I laughed, shaking my head. Was he serious? I could kill him.

" I'm not gonna fight y - " a sickening crack against my jaw sent me falling to the ground, pain ceasing my mouth. I gently felt my mouth, already tasting blood. That was one heck of a punch. I stood up and glared at him, " seriously? " He tried to punch me again but I moved to the side. People started to ooh. Something sparked in his eyes as air knocked me to the ground. He was an air element. Air started to circle around me, picking me up like a piece of paper. Good thing there were lights in here because as it picked me up I ordered people's shadows to rise up. People yelped as the shadows grabbed the tornado's bringing it down as the air flew dust around. I fell to the ground softly.

" How did you - " I punched him as hard as I could before bringing my foot up high and kicking him in the face. He stumbled back but he didn't fall. I needed to stop him from using his Air. But to do that there has to be no air. Every single shadow rose from the ground and capsuled around us, climbing around each other before we were both surround in a cage with no holes made by human shadows. They all sucked in as much as they can. They were using up all the air in here. He waved his hand around but he looked like a drunk idiot. I smirked as only a small tornado flew around me before it started to dissolve into, shall I say, ' thin air ". I picked him up and slammed him against the ground as the shadows dispersed.

He groaned on the floor as I climbed back on my little stage.

" Anybody else want to try? I can do this all night! My father is literally waging a war in his own city! He's gonna kill innocent people! Including little kids if he has to. Don't any of you have siblings or kids or anyone that looks up to you? " This was getting cheesy. But hey. Cheesy works. Many people murmured before the guy I just slammed to the ground got on a box.

" I'm with you " he said. He gave me a smile and I smiled back. More people came and climbed over the boxes before all of them agreed. I had my own army. Them and shadows. I can win this. Turns out more than most of them lived in the Bridge which was pretty much the place were poor people, and gangsters lived. Only a few of them lived in the actual city but they agreed to stay here in quote on quote, 'The Ghetto Area'. This was pretty much where we trained or whatever you called it. The entire city knew about it and we were all over the news.

But to the rules of war, no enemy was to trespass in our area or the war will start now. And my father made it clear that the war was in a few days. We have taken over the Bridge.

They have taken over the city.