Chapter 1

Flashback
Jenna's POV
"Val ?" I asked as I heard the front door open. He walked into the living room and sat down right besides me on the couch. "So how was your day babe?" I ask him. "Not bad, but how are my two favorite girls ?" He answered, before kissing my bump. "She've been giving me heartburns and backaches all day long, but overall we're doing great." I tell him. "Good. So, what do you wanna eat ?" He asked me. I shrugged, I don't really care to be honest and everything will do. "I don't know Val, food." I answered him. He then got up and walked to the kitchen to make us some dinner. The smell was tickling my nostril, I was so hungry. Val called my name and I sat down at the kitchen tables. Asparagus and chicken, one of my favorite.

As we were eating the baby kicked harder than she ever did, making me gasp. "Okay... Jesus, calm down." I said running my hand over my bump and taking deep breaths. "You're okay" Val asked me. "Yeah... I'll be fine." I said, cringing because of the pain. I looked at my fork and hesitated to take another bite. I got up and threw away what was left in my plate before putting it in the dishwasher. "What are you doing?" Val asked. "I'm not hungry anymore..." I answered. "You barely ate anything." He added. "I know babe, I just have heart burns." I said, on the verge of crying because of the pain. "Baby, what's wrong ?" Val asked, taking me in his arms. "It hurts babe. It hurts so freaking much..." I said crying. "Go take a bath — A warm bath just to relax. You'll feel at least a little bit better after." He told me before kissing my forehead. I then left the kitchen and went to the bathroom to take my bath.

As I was taking my bath, Val walked in and sat on the stairs of the tub. "Feeling better?" He asked "She's still kicking" I said, with my eyes closed. I felt his fingers running through my hair and a kiss on my forehead. "Help me out please." I asked him before he left. He offered me his hand and he pulled me up. As I stood up, we heard a popping sound and water rushed down my legs. We both stood there shocked. "What was that?" Val asked concerned. "I'm pretty sure that was my waters..." I answered him. He grabbed my bathrobe and gave it to me before rushing out of the bathroom and running back in with some of my clothes. As I was getting dressed, I noticed that the contractions were becoming more and more frequents. I definitely knew she was coming. I got in the car, Val drove to the hospital, I got registered, and they put me into a room. Before I knew it, a nurse came in and told me I was already 7 cm dilated.

About 15 minutes after the same nurse came back in a looked at how dilated I was now. Turned out I was fully dilated and ready to push. "We're gonna call doctor Davis and we'll start the work." The nurse said before leaving the room.
Few minutes have gone by and doctor Davis finally enters the room. "Ready to meet your baby?" He asked a he put a pair of gloves on. I nodded as an answer. "So did you take an epidural ?" He asked me while he was getting ready. "No, I don't want one either." I answered. "Okay then, we are ready to start the work. Ready to push ?" He asked me. "Yeah, I guess." I answered.

"Keep going Miss Chmerkovskiy. We've got a head." Doctor Davis said. Val let go of my hand and walked to the edge of the bed. "I think the head will be out with one big push." Doctor Davis added. "On three Miss Chmerkovskiy. One, two three." He said and I pushed. I saw Val smiling. " She's beautiful." He said out loud. "Okay we're almost done. Just a few more pushes and she'll be completely out." The doctor added. And he was right, three pushes later and she was out. Val cut the umbilical cord and they gave her to me. "Hi baby... Hi my sweet little girl !" I said to my baby. The nurse took her back to take her measurements and her weight. "She's a healthy baby of 16.2 inches and 7.26 pounds." The nurse told us, handing her back over to me. "So, what's her name ?" She asked. " Ivy. Ivy Mae Johnson Chmerkovskiy."