Chapter 15- Rumors

I sighed in relief. Not wanting to think about the nightmare any longer than I already had, I got out of bed and took a shower before dressing in my uniform and heading to the main school building alone. I hadn't felt like talking to anyone since whatever happened with Cora yesterday, so I sat silently and waited patiently for the large gates of the main school building to open. Eventually my friends found me sitting alone and came over to talk.

"Nope," I heard Maddie's voice say, "You are not getting away from us that easily."

I twisted around to see Angelina, Maddie, Mackenzie, and Finn all coming toward me. I starred at Maddie in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I mean you have to tell us about yesterday." She said desperately as they all sat down next to me.

I looked at Maddie, her eyes wide with anticipation and pleading for me to answer. I shrugged and laughed under my breath, "I don't know, good?"

Her face dropped, "Elaborate!" she begged

"It was strange and confusing, but also fun." I paused and thought, "You might hear about the incident with Sarah, that was terrifying." I laughed again, "but other than that we just walked around in the dark for a while."

Her face twisted in confusion, "What happened to Sarah?"

I rolled my eyes, "Trust me you'll hear about it today."

"What about the night class students, where they weird? Are they in some sort of cult? Their probably with the illuminati!" Maddie's words became rushed as she became excited.

I laughed, "No, they're not in a cult or part of the illuminati. They were weird though."

"Weird how?" she implored

"I can't really describe it. Don't get me wrong, they were really nice people, but they just gave me a strange feeling. I'm going back today, so I guess that's a good sign." I said trying to avoid the subject. There was aloud screech as the giant gates opened and our conversation was thankfully cut short. I rushed in and went straight to Greek and Roman Mythology, My firstclass. Besides the usual and expected chatter, there were whispers of what had happened to Sarah and a few glances in my direction. I had no clue of what rumors had been started, but it was only my third official day and I was already sinking into my seat with anxiety. The day went by as usual, though attimes when I was walking through the hallway I would get jealous glairs or heated stairs from the other students. I brushed it off, only thinking of how tonight's patrols would go. I was both anticipating and dreading what would happen because I was unsure. Though, the more I thought about it the more I realized how exciting my life had become, it was no longer a mundane and rudimentary routine. It had become exhilarating.

Author's Note: Hi guys, I'm really sorry for the short chapters! I published two to make up for it but I'll be sure to publish more very soon! 😁