Nightmare

The night was peaceful. The snow was calmly falling outside, disappearing into the white sheet covering the ground. The street lights gave off an orange tint, which shed a dim light into the room. Ryan and Brendon were deeply asleep, sunken in to the warm, comfortable mattress.

"Stop, no. Don't hurt him. Stop it!" Brendon mumbled in his sleep.

Ryan's eyes flickered open, seeing the younger boy's back facing him. He looked at Brendon's sleeping body, which was covered in a cold sweat, and slightly shaking.

"No, stop, don't do it!" Brendon said softly, still asleep. He began crying.

"Brendon! Brendon wake up!" Ryan leaned overtop of him, lightly shaking his shoulder. "Brendon!"

Brendon's startled eyes shot open, looking up at Ryan with tear stained cheeks.
"Brendon, you were crying," Ryan said, concerned. "What happened?"

"N-nightmare," Brendon replied, shakily wiping the tears from his cheeks.

"What was it about?" Ryan responded, his hand still on Brendon's shoulder.

Brendon turned around to face Ryan. Ryan could see the fear in his teary eyes. He reached over and grabbed Brendon's shaking hand in his own.

"M-my dad f-found out about us and h-he hurt y-you, Ry," Brendon answered.

His scared, brown eyes began welling up with tears again, which led to him sobbing.

"Aw, Baby, come here," Ryan said, pulling Brendon into a tight hug.

"Y-you were knocked out on m-my living room f-floor," Brendon said, sobbing into Ryan's chest.

"Don't worry Bren, I'm right here. I'm ok. Shh," Ryan said, kissing the top of Brendon's sweaty head.

"I'm sorry I always wake y-you up Ryan. I can sleep on the couch," Brendon stated, pulling out of Ryan's tight embrace.

"Brendon, Baby, no. Stay here with me. I want to protect you and help you through this," Ryan responded. He grabbed Brendon's chin and tilted his head up, softly kissing his quivering lips. He put his arms around Brendon's waist and pulled him into a tight embrace, once more. Brendon cuddled into Ryan's side, burying his face into his chest.

"Ryan?"

"Yeah, B?"

"I love you so much, more than you'll ever know."

"I love you too, so so much."

Ryan felt Brendon smile into his chest, which made Ryan smile as well. Brendon's heavy and uneven breathing soon slowed into a rhythmic pattern. Ryan knew Brendon was asleep, which put him at ease. Before he know it, he slowly drifted off to sleep as well, the younger boy still wrapped tightly in his arms.

This is where he wanted to stay, forever.