Panic! Attack

Brendon's P.O.V.

The concert would start in approximately 45 minutes.

Spencer and Ryan sat in the green room, joking around and giggling like 12 year-olds, Jon went out to the gas station to grab some snacks with Zack (bless them), and I stood in the dressing room across the hall from the green room.

I stood in the mirror, fixing my hair and everything else that looked out of place. I had to take a couple deep breaths, so I wouldn't freak out. There was this one stand of hair that would not fall into place.
"Ughh!" I said, frustratedly.
I grabbed a small pair a scissors and chopped it off, watching the blackish-brown lock fall to the floor.
"Perfect," I exclaimed, looking in the mirror. Just then, I heard a scared to death Spencer call my name.

"Brendon! Get over here, quick!" He yelled my name. I could sense the fear in his voice, and didn't hesitate to dash into the green room.

"Wha-oh my gosh Ryan! What happened?"
There was Ryan, curled up into a ball on the couch. He was shaking profusely, bawling his eyes out, and hyperventilating. Spencer kneeled across from him on the floor.

"I don't know what happened, man! He was fine, and then, just," Spencer exclaimed, not taking his eyes off the boy who was clearly in a state of panic. "He kept saying that he wanted you here with him. I think he's having a panic attack."
I ran over to the couch and sat beside Ryan, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, Ry. It's me, calm down, I'm here," I said while rubbing his shoulder gently. Ryan's panicking didn't seem to calm down, though.
"Spence, can you please get him a glass of water?"
"Ya, of course," He nodded, dashing out of the room.

"Ryan, Ryan it's me. Just breathe. In and out, in and out," I calmly said to Ryan, who followed my commands. It was hard for him to breath though, since he was crying so much. Not soon after, Spencer came dashing back to the room, where he handed Ryan the cup. Ryan, without hesitation, chugged the whole glass. He gave Spencer a weak nod of approval.
"Hey, I gotta go chat to the crew, will you be ok from here?" Spencer asked.
"Oh yeah, we'll be fine," I replied.
"Great, see you soon buddy," Spencer replied, patting Ryan's knee and walking out of the room.

Ryan's crying had slowed down a lot, and his breathing was back to normal. I placed my hands on either sides of his face, and gently wiped away his tears. He was still shaking, but not half as bad as before.
"T-thank you," He weakly stuttered.
"You're welcome, Ry. Anytime ok?"
He nodded in response.
I wrapped my arms around him, and rubbed his back. He hugged back tightly, as if I was his only support.

"What happened?" I whispered to him.
"I-I don't k-know," He softly replied.
"If always here if you need me," I said into his neck.
I laid down on the couch, and Ryan laid on top of me. I gently played with his hair, while humming softly. Ryan's breathing slowly calmed into a repetitive pattern, and I knew he had fallen asleep.

I think I'm really starting to love him. A lot.