The Missions

Robins P.O.V
I gritted my teeth as Deathstroke plunged his sword through a man's back. This was our eleventh mission, and I still hadn't been forced to kill anyone personally. I gave silent thanks for that, but I dreaded the day it would actually come. I had gained full control over my body, but I was still forced to listen to my kidnappers. At least until I found the source of this drug.

"Talon." Deathstroke's voice penetrated his thoughts. "We have incoming." I tensed, thinking it was more assassins, but, upon further investigation, I realized it was worse. Batman had sent the team here. I understand why Deathstroke and I had been so busy. He was trying to attract my team. He wanted me to prove myself. I cringed as my teammates approached the building, thinking they were out of sight. I was great full for the mask the hid my face. "I want you to take care of them while I load up the cargo." Dread rose up in my gut.

"Yes, Master." I watched as he walked away, going to load up more of the drugs I have been trying to get rid of. It was a slow progress, but no one seemed to notice when small bits went missing at a time. I just had to wait and find who created the drug. With that information, I could go home, tell the League, tell Batman. I fingered the collar that remained on my neck. I heard the team enter the building, and went down to face my friends.

I tensed, creeping up behind them. I drew my sword, willing them to turn around. I knew that Deathstroke was monitoring my movements. If I didn't fake it perfectly, he would know. Superboy turned around, hearing my approaching footsteps. Seeing me, he alerted the team.

"Who are you?" He asked. The team had begun to surround me.

"No one of importance." I replied. I attacked, trying not to seriously injure someone. I had fought with these people for years. I knew their next move before they made it. One by one, they fell, at least temporarily. I felt a breath of air on the back of my neck, and rolled out of the way just before my best friend could take me out. I stared at him, seeing an odd glint in his eyes, one I had only seen once before.

"Artemis!" The entire team stared in horror as our teammate was vaporized by the alien ship. I glanced at Wally, noticing something in his eyes. It was rage. Hate. He had lost someone he loved, and it had shaken him deeply.
But that had been fake. In the end, he had found Artemis, alive and well. "But he believes he will never see me again." I thought. I faltered in my attacks, giving him time to strike me across the jaw. I was sent spiraling to the ground. He raised his fist again, ready to knock me out. Then Deathstroke intervened.

"Hello Kid Flash. I see my apprentice has taken care of your teammates. I also see that you are missing someone. How have you been holding up without the Boy Wonder by your side?" He taunted Wally. Wally screamed in anger, running full speed at Deathstroke. My "master" deflected the blows without much effort, all the while landing his own. With a final blow, my best friend was knocked out, and he collapsed to the ground. He pulled out a gun, aiming at Wally's head. I tensed, ready to dive in and save him. No mission was worth the life of Wally. But then, he put the gun down. Deathstroke gestured to the blade still in my hand. "You finish him." My eyes widened from underneath my mask. My mind scrambled to come up with a way for the both of us to live. But, thanks to Miss M, I didn't have to. She woke up, and using her telekinesis, she sent me and Deathstroke hurdling backwards. When we got up, the team was gone. Thank goodness. "Talon." I did not like the tone of voice he had. I felt fear creep up inside of me, knowing what was coming next. "You failed. For that, you will pay."