3. The Zoerrhyxes

Captain Connor and the kids peeked at the other side of the hill. To their horror, they saw aliens. The aliens had a moist turquoise skin with long tentacles instead of hands. They had shorter tentacles for legs and had five scarlet eyes. "Meehinney. Mithan nuegene baikenne ahagen ba volhethaa. Emeehinne nathailannan venney." The aliens said.

"That's one bizarre language." Charles whispered. "Let's name them Zoerrhyxes" Carolyn murmured. "You are thinking about what to name them when they could be plotting against us!" Charles mumbled under his breath in a harsh tone. "Kids, this is no time for arguing. We just discovered that there are aliens on this planet!" The captain continued in a serious voice. "We should head back to the ship before they see us."

The kids and the captain silently crept toward the ship. When they arrived, they kept their samples in a safe place and began to discuss about the aliens they just saw. "Do you think we should take a picture of them?" Charles said. " I don't think so. If they see us they will probably try to get rid of us." Carolyn replied. "I think we should inform the Phoenix planetoids league." The captain stated.

"How do we communicate with the league?"Carolyn asked. "Because of the large distances involved, we can't run any wires between the Earth and space. So the only way to send information back and forth is to use radio waves. Just like a radio station broadcasts a signal which you can listen to using a radio, astronauts and people on Earth can broadcast information back and forth to each other." The kids were in awe.Captain Connor did not mind that and started to contact the league. They managed to inform the league about aliens living on the planet lusmeanou.

All of a sudden they heard a funny noise. It kind of sounded like music which had no genre. Everyone went outside to see where the sound was coming from.

Not too far away, they saw the Zoerrhyxes moving in an unusual way.
"What are they doing?" Carolyn asked. " I don't know." Charles replied. "I think they saw us!" The captain said.
_____________________________________________
Reference to educational information: http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/151-people-in-astronomy/space-exploration-and-astronauts/human-spaceflight-current-or-past/945-how-do-astronauts-communicate-with-their-families-from-space-beginner

Credit of educational information goes to the above website.