Chapter 4

"Hey Trish you can catch a ride with my mom", Grace waves me off as I step out the school. She's by a silver van.

"That's okay, I'll walk home", I reply.

"Nonsense we're friends now so come on my mom doesn't mind", she comes and get me.

"Fine", I smile and got into the backseat,'thanks for the ride Mrs. Jennings", I smile.

"No problem, I'm happy my daughter got a nice friend back in Australia her friends abandon her", she explains.

"Bye Trish and here's my number if you want to hang out", Grace says and hands me a piece of paper.

"See you tomorrow", I wave her good bye then went up the walkway to my front door.

"Hey honey, how was school?" Dad ask as I am about to go upstairs.

"Same old nothing never changed expect Jasmine and I aren't friends anymore and I made a new one", I shrug.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, you guys were really close", Lexi sighs,"remember that picture you guys took out for middle school graduation?"

How can I forget?

"Yeah", I sigh and went to my room.

I lay down on my bed and watch the frame picture of Jasmine and I, our arms around each other grinning at the camera. I take the picture out of the frame and cut it up.

My phone buzz:

3: 30 pm Jazz: please talk to me Trish, I'm sorry I left you in the dark like that you're my only close friend and you know it

3: 36 pm Jazz: yes I know I screwed up and those three girls or Oscar would never before between us, sisters before misters, chicks before dicks always

3: 55 pm Jazz: okay that's it, I'm coming over because I know you'll be home

I delete the messages and leave my room.

"Dad I'm going out", I say as I rush to the front door.

"Hold your horses, you forgot we got something to talk about", he reminds me.

"We can talk about it later, I really got to go", I kiss his cheek quickly.

"Where you're going Trish?", Lexi ask.

"Out."

"Out?", she gasps,"its not Friday and you never go out, ever."

"First time for everything", I shrug and leave then got my skateboard.

Yes I have a skateboard, but only use it if I have to go to the grocery for something really quick.

I put on my elbow and knee caps with my blue helmet then skate down the street.

Where to go?

***

I end up going to the library and check out the new books that came out some weeks ago.

4: 15 pm Jazz: where you? I came by your house and was told you went out. Since when do you go out?

Me: seriously Jazz, why are you still talking to me? Go hang out with those mean girls, I bet your shopping was a blast beside I don't need you

4: 18 pm Jazz: I'll pick you up for school tomorrow, I'm not going to lose a friend because of a guy if I have to break up with him then so be it

Me: you don't have to do that if you really like him Jazz, I'll be fine you don't have to come pick me up and I will see you around school

4: 21 pm Jazz: okay and I hope we can be friends again