05

A.n. MusicalFreak2003 told me that Jared and Evan are cousins and though this fact has not been confirmed I just want to let everyone know that in my good Christian fanfic Jared and Evan are not related. Good day.

Charlottes POV

"Connie!" I came up behind him in the hallway.
He turned and looked at me. He smiled.
"Hey, Charlie."
I walked next to him. "Are you ready for our date tonight?"
It was Friday.
"I'm really excited."
"Good!" I smiled.
He smiled back at me.
"Connie?"
He rose his eyebrows. "Yeah?"
"I have something to talk to you about."
"What is it?"
"I'll tell you during study hall, or sometime we get alone."
"Okay." He didn't like that and I could tell.
"It's nothing to be worried about."
"Okay, that's fine."
I was ready to go public. That girl Zoe, I had been talking to her about Connor, but not directly mentioning his name. I told her that we were dating, but we weren't telling people yet, she was happy for me. She said that I should talk to him about going public.
She seemed sweet. We sat together in biology.
Connor and I arrived at our first class together. We went to our desks. Our desks got a little closer everyday. We shifted closer and closer.
We took turns staring at each other, when the other would look over, one would blush like crazy, and look away.
The bell rang eventually. Connor walked with me to biology, he didn't care if he was late to his class.
People were onto us. They saw us together all the time. They knew.
"Okay, bye Connor." I waved at him as I walked into bio.
He waved back, smiling a little.

Zoe's POV

So, I might be a sly ass bitch.
I've kept it a secret for... a couple weeks now that I'm Connor's sister. I haven't asked who the 'bad boy' Charlotte likes is. I just called him 'bad boy.' She didn't even question that I never asked.
She walked in, blush and a smile on her face. She sat next to me.
I liked Charlotte, she was sweet, and honestly, when you got to know her, she was the opposite of Connor.
Opposites attract!
So maybe I thought Connor and Charlotte were cute together, sure. But I wasn't going to admit that to Connor.
"Hey." I looked over at her.
She looked to me. "Hey."
"Did bad boy walk you to class?"
It was a code name at this point.
She nodded. "I told him I need to talk to him, but I didn't tell him what."
I nodded.
Class started a few seconds later. Charlotte doodled. She was a surprisingly good artist. She was pretty good in biology too, which surprised me.
The bell rang, and everyone got up.
"I'll see you tomorrow Charlotte."
"Bye!" She smiled, walking out.
She didn't have the bad girl vibe around me. She had stopped it. She took off her mask, which meant she was comfortable, which meant I needed to tell her soon.

Connor's POV

I met Charlie everywhere. We were constantly together.
I saw people look, and talk. I knew they saw that the psychotic stoned freak found a little friend. I knew that people knew, I wasn't a dumbass.
She walked up to me. I met her at her locker. She smiled, and started to open it up.
"Hey Connie."
"Hey."
She was wearing tight black shirt, and tight dark crimson jeans, with rips in them. She wore those same black boots she pretty much always wore.
She was so pretty to me. I almost couldn't stand it.
The top was short sleeved, and she was obviously self conscious of her arms. She was holding them weird as she pulled things out of her locker. She constantly faced her scars towards her, like she didn't want me to see.
I hated that she had ever felt the need to do that to herself. She was too good for that.
Me on the other hand, I deserved the punishments I gave myself. My family constantly reminded me on how much of a disgrace I was. My dad never got the baseball playing son who was homecoming king four years in a row. I wasn't that guy, and my dad hated me because I was an emo freak. He knew I never would be, but he still forced perfection on me. I thought that being smart enough would impress him. Obviously not.
Having friends helped me. When I met Evan, he introduced me to all his friends, and it was good for me. I went over to his house alot, and when his mom was home, she was like another parent to me. She liked me for who I was, and I loved that about Heidi.
After meeting Evan and his gang of socially incapable friends, I stopped smoking as much, and I almost quit cutting completely. But I still had my itches. I had scars, and they would probably never heal. I don't see how anyone could love that.
"Charlotte?"
She looked up at me, holding a book and closing her locker.
"Do you have a jacket?"
She shook her head.
"Do you wanna wear mine?"
She looked at me for a second. She knew I could tell she was struggling.
I pulled off my satchel, and took off my hoodie. I handed it to her. She took it, without saying anything.
We walked to class together. She held her books, her scars pressed against them, covering them.
"Charlie?"
She looked up a me.
"It's okay."
She nodded.
We walked into class, and sat at our table in the back. We had paired tables in this class. It was actually supposed to be three or four, but nobody wanted to sit with us. That was okay with me.
She had sat with some girls at the front the first couple days of school. She met me and moved back with me. It was fun to have someone to sit with.
The teacher started talking. I watched Charlotte put on my hoodie. She was so adorable. I was so in love with her. She was beautiful, and sweet, and really enjoyable to be around. I was just so happy with her. I hadn't felt this good in a long time.