Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Best of me

"Next up is the arcade girl and the cowboy" She heard the mc say from the backstage. She was nervous, she was a rookie and wasn't still used to all the people. And being in one of the most successful and popular girl group didn't make it easy either.
She was the new member of the girl group, blackpink. She became popular, yes and everyone loved her. She was invited to the new mega season of the king if masked singers where more than 250 idols and singers will compete. It will run for around 6 months and that is why it is called the mega season. Taeraa's turn was next, she was given notice that she will be competing against fencing man or someone but she didn't know who he was.
The performance ended and the cowboy won. He will be going to the next round. The mc took over again," coming up next, is the circus girl and the fencing man, who equally surprised the judges with their voices in their first round."

When she was called, she put on her mask carefully and went on to the stage. As usual, it was full of lights, people cheering, and the judges. She looked to her side and the fencing man was standing there. he was tall and has a good figure. She turned back to the audience when the music started. It was the music of the one of the goblin's ost, beautiful. They both gave their best and taeraa was actually surprised when she first heard his voice. It was sweet and it was as if he was crying while he sang. He really did put all of his emotion while he sang.
The music ended and the hall erupted with the audience's clapping and cheering. The cheering eventually died down and the judges give their reviews one both of their singing. Both of their results were positive and it was finally time for the audience to vote.
Taeraa closed her eyes and prayed. She was confident before her stage but when she heard the fencing man sing, she is now a bit nervous. She opened her eyes and waited for the result, "and the winner is...." the mc said through the mic.
The image of the winner was displayed on the screen and it was...... the fencing man.
Taeraa's heart broke into pieces, she wanted to show what she got to everyone through this show but that man had to ruin it.
The mc congratulated the fencing man and he left, leaving taeraa and the mc on the stage. It time to reaveal her face. She was asked to walk a few steps back and turn around before she removed the mask. She did as she was said and removed the mask. She was frustrated from losing but she tried to hide it with a smile. The hall became silent with anticipation.  She sighed before turning and revealing her face to everyone. She walked to the front with a smile and stood there as she saw everyone gasp. Then she heard one of judge say something about how the teens are really talented nowadays.

"It's the new member of blackpink, Remi!!" The mc introduced loudly before she bowed.

"Hello, I am blackpink's super maknae, Remi" she said with a smile.

"Remi-ssi you say you are the maknae. Does it mean lisa isn't anymore?"

"Umm, no actually. Me and lisa unnie were born on the month and the same year, so, we both are the maknaes of blackpink." She said stressing on 'both'

"Oh! and you did say you had reason to be here right?"

"That's right, I wanted to come here because, when I debuted as a new member in blackpink, I didn't really get a chance to show what I'm fully capable of. So, I thought, this will be a great opportunity to show what I really got."

"That's really great and now I am sure people know that you are really talented"

"Thank you" she said before coming back to the back stage, disappointed. No, she was angry. She was angry for losing after a long time. She knows she should take it sportively but she was angry and she couldn't help it and more than anything she was angry on him. She knew she was being unprofessional and childish but she couldn't care.
She spotted her dressing room and saw that the door is slightly open, she frowned as she opened the room. She stood there dumbfounded as she saw an man with black hair sit in a chair as if it was his room.

"Oh, you are here?" He asked turning to face her.

"Who are you? And how did you get into my room?"she asked even though the man sitting there looked kind of similar.

"Chill. I am not here to steal or do something to you" He said with a smirk.

"Oh! And by the way, I am jungkook."