Crush

It was the night before Christmas, well not exactly, it's like the afternoon before Christmas. I just wanted to make it feel like those old story books I use to read, where the words were big and bold, and there were drawings everywhere. Yeah, I wish books were still like that. They are, but it would be embarrassing to see a grown woman reading books from the children's aisle, reading thick covered content that consist of twenty words in one page and more entertaining drawing.

Not like this thick mother fucker I have to write an essay on. Making me tap on my forehead with frustration. The urge of slamming my face on this table was about to launch, just waiting on the control room— a.k.a my brain to start the count down and pressed the button of my spiralling out to madness.

You may be asking, Perrie, Christmas is coming, why are you stressing about an essay?

Well, it's because my best friend is out of town and I have nothing else to do— Stupid, I know. It's also because I needed an excuse to go to my favorite coffee shop. Which luckily, doesn't only sell coffee. We're in the UK, tea is always a requirement. Well for me anyway.

But still, why you may still be asking? Because they have comfy lavender sofa chairs that literally molds around your body like a whole body pillow as you slowly sink in to its cushion. It's a sofa to die for.

I could literally sit here forever. I can imagine myself wearing a big sun hat, massive sunglasses and a martini in my hand, sitting on this chair in the future. I can make a future just with this chair.

I'm not insane.
I just love this chair.

Oh and yeah —and like every other story out there— there's also that girl who works here. I can ensure you that she's not the chair, I am not that sad.

She's an angel sent by heaven, with her brown locks flowing out like the lush and soft smooth fur of a teddy bear. Cognac pupils that pulled you in when you gaze upon it, an adorable doll-liked buttoned nose, cheekbones chiseled to perfection, and a jaw line that's on fire (of course it's not, I would be very worried if it was).

She was beautiful.
She's perfect.

~~~

[Two weeks ago]

Breathe Perrie. Breathe Perrie.

Two weeks and three days.
That's the amount of time I spend in this coffee shop, and it's all because of one stupid crush. I turned from suffering from dysania to setting alarms just to see her every morning.

My fingers fumbled with the pen as I wrote along on the piece of tissue. I was obviously in distress. I kept throwing aside the mistaken pieces of tissue, clicking my tongue in frustration as I got another one to write on.

Hey, was just wondering if you wanted me to hang out sometimes. Maybe even tomorrow, a band is playing in the pub nearby.

I scratched it out, flicking it on the side as I attempt with another one.
Why is this so hard?

I glanced up to her direction. She was smiling as she took her customer's order. She caught my eyes and sent a toothy-grin.

Cue the explosion. BOOM!
God, I'm dramatic.

But who cares?
Screw all of you who cringed.
A feeling was tingling from head to toe, I have no time for your crap.

Oh crap, she's still looking at me.

My entire face turned red as I been caught staring. Sending a quick smile, I immediately looked back down at my table full of tissues. God, she'll probably think I'm insane.