Chapter 1: Welcome to my "lovely" life

Y/N's PoV:

Waking up from a terrible sleep, I rubbed my e/c eyes. They burned from the eye drops I put in before bed. It isn't my fault though, my eyes water a lot and I have to treat them somehow. "Great. Another day living," I said with a frown. My mom always said, "it takes more muscles to frown than to smile." But I've never been able to smile a true smile. I have to fake my happiness.

Getting out of my bed, I drag my feet to the bathroom for a shower. You see, when you're me, you don't really care about anything anymore. You've lost everything, and can feel nothing.

I close the door getting undressed from my f/c pj's, and turn on the warm shower. I step into the heat and let the water sink into my skin. All of my tense muscles let go and I can feel good again.

After my shower, I wrap a towel around my body and walk out of the bathroom door. I open my closet to see only hoodies and long sleeve shirts. Even in summer, that's all I ever wear. I grab my favourite hoodie, the black one with a white circle and an X through it. I never really knew what it meant, but it's comfortable and I love the warmth it gives me.

My mom gave it to me on August 24, 2017. That's the day everything changed. I came home from school to see her on the living room floor in a pool of her own blood. I dropped my bag and ran over to her to check for a pulse, but there was none... That was the day I knew that I would avenge her. She deserved to live a longer, happier life than this.

I put on some black skinny jeans and my black sneakers. I had school at 8:00, so I have time. It's only 7:15. Oh whatever, I'll just get there early so I don't have to run into anyone. I got my bag and walk out the door, not looking back once.

Little did I know, this would be the last time I would be stepping out of that door...