Chapter 2: The last time I went to school

Y/N's PoV:

     Making my way down Fairfield Crescent, I noticed no one was here. It was like a ghost town, except, not a town... a city. The cool autumn wind made me cold. I'm always cold though, so no surprise. After about walking 10 minutes, I reached my school; Valley Green High school. "Here we go," I sighed, taking out my diary that I kept the day my mother died. I grabbed my black pen I kept with me and sat down underneath a maple tree. I wrote, Dear Mom, you don't know the hell dad has put me through since you've been gone. I wish you were here and I miss you dearly. I love you Mom, please watch over me. ~Love Y/N

     I closed my diary and opened my bag, putting it in there. As kids started piling onto the school blacktop, I finally realized that it was going to be another "great" day. Zipping up my bag, I got up and walked to the front doors. Hopefully, I won't get noticed. But it didn't take long for everyone to notice me. "Hey freak!" "Kill yourself!" "No one likes you!" "You deserve to die!" "Why are you still here?!" "If I was your mom, I'd kill myself too!"
          I hated when people brought up my mom in a bad manor. It's none of their business and I don't even know how they know about her death. She didn't kill herself, she was killed by someone. I know the truth, no one else does.

     I pulled my hood over my head and walked into school without saying a word. Over the loud speaker, the principal directed, "Hello staff. We are having an emergency lockdown. This is not a drill. Make sure all students are in the school immediately!" The loud speaker turned off and staff started running to the front doors, ushering students inside. All the kids were really frightened, but I thought it was funny. Seeing my bullies scared made me happy. "The principal appeared from the office doors and got everyone's attention by slamming the door. "Attention students and staff! Go to your homeroom class immediately!" The principal ran into her office turning off all of the lights. All the kids ran to their classes and I just stood their. I couldn't move. I tried, but I couldn't. I could sense that no one was around and everyone was gone, so I became invisible and floated up onto the second level of the high school. Having ghost abilities really pays off.

     I watched all of the lights turn off and all was silent. All I heard was the slight ticking from the clock on the first level. At least, I think it was the clock. I was quite content just sitting there on the railing when I heard a shatter. Like.... glass shattering. I floated down from the second level and looked around. Nothing seemed to be broken. How would anything break in the first place? Everyone's in their classes hiding. Scanning the halls, I noticed one classroom had their door open. I floated over there and saw that the window was broken. "Oh god..," I mumbled. "Looking for me sweetheart?" The voice made me jump. I turned around to see a boy with a white hoodie covered on what I presumed was dried blood. His hair was charcoal black and unkept. His skin a bleached white. His eyes were a terrifying white with a little black pupil in the middle, and it seemed like he had no eyelids since he's not blinking. The most unsettling thing about this mysterious boy was his smile. The sides of his mouth were cut up to his cheek bones, which were dripping blood. "What have I gotten myself into..?" I thought...