| twenty-seven

—"Should you not be singing praises of my new dessert?"

Namjoon laughs as he examines the fragile, wobbly pudding with an occasional plodding or two, assisted by his spasmic movements and a wild spoon.

"Can you not?" Jin exclaims, annoyed. "It drives me wild when you play with food."

"I just want to make sure it won't kill me."

Jin glares at him, aghast. "That's it, we're done. I'm breaking up with you. You are dead to me. Cancelled and deleted. Goodbye. It was fun while it lasted," he says, standing up violently.

"Yes, yes. Get home safely. I'll call you later," Namjoon drawls, bored, pulling out his phone, all too used to the older man's outbursts. As per prior experience, they do not last longer than a minute.

A brief moment of silence.

Jin sits down, vexed. Namjoon smiles innocently, eyes scrunched shut. 

"I'm sorry," he grins, as he pulls the dessert plate closer, and begins the intricate art of inhaling it.

Jin's scowls softens. "I'll forgive you, only because you're cute."

"That's my man!"

He gets a scoff in response.

"Anyway, are you really breaking up with me?" Namjoon smirks, wriggling his eyebrows.

"It was a joke," Jin answers, deadpanned. "Don't imagine too much, this handsome face is way out of your league."

"I'm saddened," Namjoon whispers dramatically, placing a palm on his heart and letting out a huge sigh.

"Of course. I'd be too, if I was snubbed by a man as fine as I."

"You're too full of yourself."

"That is my charm."

"You wish."

"Sayo-nara, Kim Namjoon. Try not to fantasize too much about me, okay?" Jin winks.

Namjoon almost decks him in the face.

+