You Were Here, Now You're Gone

I rushed out of the white car, picking up my wedding dress as I ran to the side of the road.

I then saw it. His car burning. It was to damaged to survive. Castle is dead.

I was just on the phone with him an hour ago. He's not dead. He got out alive and is waiting at the end of the aisle at the Hamptons house for me. So we can get married.

Richard Edgar Alexander Castle is not dead. I started crying. He is gone. I don't want him to be, but he is. The man I loved, still love, is dead.

Martha and Alexis walk up beside me, they also have tears running down their face. Alexis is practically sobbing, while Martha is trying to be mature but you can see the pain in her eyes.

I wipe my eyes and walk over to one of the fire fighters, "Is it possible that he could have survived?" "Ma'am, if he was in that car he wouldn't have been able to survive. But it looks like arson rather than an accident."

Somebody murdered him. They killed him, most likely in cold blood. They probably are fine right now, not a care in the world. Not even concerned about the life they had just taken, and what that life left behind.

I was sobbing into my hands as they put out the fire, my makeup ruined but I didn't care. Martha and Alexis went back to the house to tell everybody, but I stayed here.

My mind swirled with ideas, He could be alive, maybe he got out of the car and is in a hospital, waiting for me to come get him and take him back to our wedding. I hope he is alive. In my heart I know he is dead, but I don't want to believe it.

Richard Castle is dead.