Ch1: The Encounter

Aurora's pov

I sat in my bookstore like I do everyday as I sketched out Moonshadow and Mystic. Those two were a couple of troublemakers but I still cared for them.

It's why I choose to pay for them to go to school instead of me besides I'm self taught. I never really had any parents to teach me since I lost them when I was young so I would spend a lot of my time in the library and read books while teaching myself.

I looked over at the computer and checked the time. "Oh I better go collect those two little troublemakers" I spoke as I walked out of the shop. I made sure to flip the open sign to closed and locked the door before heading off to the school.

I waited at the entrance as both of them ran up to me and hugged onto my legs. "Aurora, can I get a piggyback ride, please" Mystic begged as she looked up at me with pleading eyes.

I laughed at her before replying. "OK, if you insist" I told her as I picked her up and placed her on my shoulders. I looked up and saw this guy with brown and gingery skin and indigo hair looking at me. He was wearing a red waistcoat that had a purple patch on the shoulder. He had a pair of brown trousers and a black t-shirt.

He kept looking at me with his piercing green eyes as I looked before Moonshadow and Mystic snapped me out of it by asking what we would be having for dinner. "You'll see. Checky monkeys" I replied leading them away.

Capper's pov

I couldn't help but stare at the girl who came to pick up the two kids who I've seen hang out with Applebloom, Sweetie belle and Scootaloo. She had light blue skin with purple around her nose and mouth and on her hands. She was wearing a white dress with grey straps that was frilly at the top. She had a pair of knee high boots which had a charm of a paint brush and a pencil crossing over and she had an emerald on her neck. She looked at me before looking down at the two kids then walking off.

I decided not to wait for Tempest today and went to follow this girl and noticed that she walked up to the bookstore on the corner of my street. "Is she the owner of that shop. I never really went in there before. Maybe I'll check it out" I told myself and crossed the road.

I stood outside the shop for a few moments before straightening my hair as best of could and sorting my waistcoat a little. I took in a breath and walked into the shop as a small bell jangled at the top of the door.

I looked around and saw her placing a few books on shelves while standing on a ladder. "Hey there" I spoke up placing my hand on the counter. She looked over, just as she put the final book on the shelf. "Can I help you" she asked politely while climbing down the ladder.

"No but you see I go to Cantorlot high and I saw you picking up a couple of the students and was wondering why you didn't go there yourself" I explained looking into her dark blue eyes.

"I only have enough to be able to get Moonshadow and Mystic to school. I'm self taught" she replied as my hand slipped on the counter and my head hit against the side causing her to laugh a little. 'Real smooth Capper. Real smooth' I thought as I rubbed the back of my head.

"So do you need any help around here. I can help if you want" I asked. "I guess I would get these books away faster with some help so I guess that's alright" she replied with a smile. I felt my heart melt at this and I tried to hide the small blush that I could feel had made its way onto my cheeks.

"So what's your name" I asked as I walked over to some of the books. "I'm Aurora. Aurora Feathers" she replied as she put some more books away by standing on the ladder although some of the shelves were quite high.

"I'm Capper. Capper Dapperpaws" I introduced with a small smile. "Nice to meet you Capper" Aurora spoke as I looked away in an attempt to hide my blush.

I helped Aurora out for about 3 more hours before she explained that she had to close up and go make dinner for herself and her adopted siblings.

I nodded and waved goodbye before exiting the shop and crossing the road before hearing this.

"CAPPER!!!!!!!!"

'Oh no. It's Tempest and she seems super mad. Wait that's right I never told her that I wasn't waiting so she must of waited at the school for ages' I thought as the pink haired teen stormed over to me.

Tempest was wearing her usual suit of armour which just made things scarier. Tempest had irigunally gone to the Storm King's school but after a few incidents a few months ago, she transfered to Canterlot high with Skystar, Celeano and myself.

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST LEFT WITHOUT TELLING ME! I WAITED OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL FOR 2 HOURS!!!" Tempest yelled as she stormed up and grabbed the collar of my waistcoat.

"I'm sorry Tempest. I won't do it again just please don't hurt me" I whimpered as she let go of my waistcoat and I let out the breath I had been holding. "Where did you run off to anyway" she asked. "That's personal business I replied plainly.

"Fine, you can keep it to yourself just don't do this again. If your going to wander off, at least text me first" Tempest told me. "OK. OK. I will" I replied before heading into my house when we reached it.

I sighed and my mind drifted back to Aurora. 'I'm going to get her to fall for me for sure' I thought with a smirk.