Chapter 3

Misaki pov

I can't believe that guy from the coffee shop is my boss. What are the odds? What does he think of me now? What am I thinking? Why should her care about a coffee girl? It was nice though how he answered back to what I told him. I don't really know if he had a bad day like I did that day but seeing that message being written back to me cheered me up.

I stare down to the paper I just showed him a moment ago. It was special to me now. Not that it meant I had feelings for him but just because it was a reminder of something that brightened my day.

I sigh. My boss would think I am lingering on this paper as a symbol of liking him so I put it away. But yet, I think it's weird how we met again. Is there a special reason? I shook my head. No! I'm just a regular girl who has to work day and night to pay off her debts and he is a very powerful and rich president of a large company. It's best that I not speak to him unless it regards work.

"Take these files to the president for me," A coworker asks and I couldn't refuse since I didn't want to seem rude on my first day.

"No problem," I reply taking the files from her.

I head up to his office and knock. Once I heard him say it was okay to come in I open the large wooden door and head inside.

I see him sitting behind his desk the moment I walk in. He looks up at me and for a moment I thought his eyes soften when they met mine.

"These files are for you sir," I say resting them on his desk then bow and walk away.

"Wa-"

He was about to say something to me but I was already out the door. I know I can't run from him forever. Heck why am I even running? I am worrying myself over nothing. We already realise we gave each other the message so I guess it's okay now.

The day went by smoothly and work was pretty laid back. I just had to answer a few phone calls and deliver some files here and there. Easy day for me I guess. I begin to pack up my belongings so I could leave work. The time is now 7pm and I will go home to rest since none of my part time jobs require me to come in today.

"Misaki we're heading out to a bar are you coming with us?" A colleague asks surrounding by the others who were excited to go.

"No," I answer sadly. They look at me apologetic and leave chatting about how much fun they will have. I can't indulge myself in having fun. I need to save every penny I have for rent, food and the debt.

I grab my bag and hurried down to the lobby to leave work not noticing I left my cellphone on the desk.

My house wasn't far from my work place. Only a ten minute walk if I take a few short cuts. I can't wait to go home and rest. I had been working nonstop these past weeks. Hopefully this new job will help pay off the debt quicker.

As I was nearing the house I see some strange figures outside and recognise them to be the debt collectors. I didn't have the money for them yet. I need to wait until I get my next paycheque. I couldn't go home right now I just couldn't. I turn the other direction from my home to leave. Thank goodness my mother is out of town and my sister is on a field trip with her school.

I hate how I have to run away just because I couldn't pay them. This life was tiring but I couldn't give up for the sake of my mother and sister they need me.

Wham!

"Sorry," I mumble because I had run into someone by accident. I look up to see their face. "P-President?"

He holds up my cellphone. "I found this on your desk and checked your information to see where you live."

I sigh and takes it from him.

"You know it's okay to cry once in awhile."

"What?" I question silently.

"I watched you smile throughout the whole day and I knew it was just a facade. When you feel hurt inside, it's okay to cry once to get it all out," He explains more clearly to me. "Go ahead and let it all out."

And for some reason for the first time in my life I cried my heart out to the stranger that told me it's okay.