Chapter 4

"You know it's okay to cry once in awhile."

"What?" Misaki questions silently.

"I watched you smile throughout the whole day and I knew it was just a facade. When you feel hurt inside, it's okay to cry once to get it all out," He explains more clearly to her. "Go ahead and let it all out."

And for some reason for the first time in her life, she cried her heart out to the stranger who told her it's okay.

"We should get away from here,"Takumi tells her eyeing the men in front her home who he assume to be debt collectors by the way they're dress. He remembers her having debt problems.

Misaki nods in agreement since she too didn't want to have to deal with those guys this moment. They never listen to what she has to say so it's better she avoids them until she gets the money to pay them for this month.

"I'll take my leave now," Misaki says bowing ready to leave but Takumi stops her.

"I said WE should get away from here," He reminds her as he pulls her in the direction of his car. He goes up to his car and opens the door for her. Misaki looks at him hesitant. "You can trust me."

Misaki gets inside not wanting to object her boss but she was still conscious about everything. She watches as he closes her door and runs over to the driver side to get in.

"Where are we going?" Misaki asks when he gets inside comfortable.

"I passed a bar on my way here, let's go there for now."

"O-Okay."

Takumi starts the engine and moves away from Misaki's neighbourhood before the debt collectors came up to his car to ask questions. The ride to the bar was silent. Misaki had no idea what to talk about with her boss and Takumi didn't know what to talk to her about either. It is a good thing the trip to the bar was short.

Misaki unbuckles her seatbelt and gets out the vehicle followed by Takumi.

"Come one," He urges as he locks the car with a remote and heads inside.

Misaki is worried about this but push the thoughts aside as she knew she had to apologise to him for all the trouble she's costs him. First having to drive all the way here and now saving her from those debt collectors.

What if he starts asking stuff like, are those people going to interfere with your work? And if so we have to let you go since we wouldn't want them to be meeting with you during business hours. She couldn't let that happen. She needs this job.

Misaki runs up behind hoping he'll allow her to explain everything. A hostess had shown them to a table by a window.

"Let me help you with your seat," Takumi says helping her sit down.

"T-Thank you."

"Uhmm...about this," Misaki begins.

"It's okay we've all got a few problems here and there," Takumi answers smiling.

"I know and I promise I won't let it get in the way of my work," Misaki promises looking at him.

"Of course! Would you umm like to talk about it?" Takumi questions hoping it would make her feel better. Misaki stares at him as though wondering if it's a good idea. "You don't have to tell me if-"

"No it's okay," Misaki cuts in. She held her head down low. "My family has a huge debt which we've been paying off for a very long time. I have to work many different jobs to help pay it off which is why I also work in the coffee shop."

"I see," Takumi states understanding her situation. "How long have you been paying it off for?"

"Since high school."

"That's long! It must have been stressful at college with all that work," He concludes.

Misaki laughs sadly. "It would've been but I had to drop out since I couldn't pay the fees and the debt together. The debt is more important to pay."

"What were your majors?"

"Just law," Misaki answers excited to talk about how much of a lawyer she wanted to be. "Please don't fire me. I'll work hard."

Takumi chuckles. "I'm not firing you chill. Actually I would like something else."

"What is it?" Misaki asks suspicious.

"Is it okay if we become friends?"