Chapter 9- Destruction

Zax called for a meeting and the remaining guild members, Gizzit, Alpha, and Karl, ran to the lobby.

"Alright Team, we need to go to Bridge Tower and rescue the team that went up there a few hours ago. I asked Zen to send word via telepathy in five hours but I've received no word. So it's safe to assume they're in trouble. Therefore it's up to us to save them."

"Boy you're a genius, send our only healer out on a mission and leave only four people to go up the most dangerous place next to Dragon Mountain," Karl said in his sarcastic tone.

Alpha kicked him.  "Problem isn't getting there as much as it is saving them. If something jumped them and took all of them out then what chance do four of us have?"

"Furthermore I don't recommend leaving the guild empty at night. There were moving shadows in the Glacial Cavern, due to the darkness. Darkness is most prominent at night, what's to say the creature won't take this as an opportunity to destroy our home."

Zax grit his teeth. "We wait for Jet and the others to return, they can't be gone for much longer on a three-floor quest, we grab Melanie, and we climb the tower with a healer on our side to help get the others to join us and heal our wounds."

Everyone seemed satisfied with that plan when Jellicent burst into the guild. "Mr. Zax! We have an emergency! There are invaders, they're threatening to destroy the town! The Roserade Twins can't hold them off long!"

The group ran into the cold of night to the center of Central Town. The Roserade Twins were engaged in battle with three unfamiliar Pokémon.

One was a large yellow Pokémon with black stripes, it had two black tails and was taller than anyone they had with them. It looked like it could destroy them with just one glance.

There was also a purple Pokémon that was grinning, he had a round body with small limbs and spikes on his back.

Finally, a pink Pokémon with an oval shaped body, pink wings, and a large curly tail stood in the back with a wide grin. It launched white orbs at the Roserade Twins.

"Gengar, Clefable, and another Pokémon I've never heard of," Karl grunted.

"Electivire, my final evolution. It's immune to electric moves and is only weak to ground type attacks." Gizzit told them.

Zax stepped in between the Roserade Twins and the new threat. "Who are you and what do you want with our town?"

The Electivire laughed. "Don't you remember? It's us. The Scientists! You attacked our base three years ago, I was at the entrance when you burst in with your friend!" He pointed at Alpha.

"Somehow you fools managed to kill our boss Metagross and ever since then we had to abandon all of our work because you freed the experiments! That one, that Kabutopps. He let all the others go. You are our experiment!"  The Clefable hissed.

Karl growled. "I'm not anybody's anything!You don't own me and you never have!"

The Gengar burst out laughing. "If you think that for even a second you are independent let me remind you of the truth! We found you as a fossil and revived you, we used electricity to reanimate your corpse. Then we continually shocked you just to keep you alive, that's why you can use thunderbolt. You can release the electricity inside of you Kabutopps."

Karl grunted and took a step back. "You're wrong! You didn't create me!"

"I do wonder one thing, how could you have survived three years without electricity? Oh, wait. You couldn't have. Kabutopps we've been fueling you ever since you broke free. We were determined not to lose another experiment. We would wait for you to be on a mission and strike, you wouldn't notice so it was best to do it when nobody was looking. It was very easy, shockingly easy." Electivire laughed.

Karl shook his head. "I'm not your experiment, and my name is not Kabutopps. I am Karl, the strongest member of Team Instinct."

"Hey, that's not true!" Alpha protested.

"I will not be scared by my past, true or no, I don't need my past. Only the present. And in the present, I really want to tear you guys to shreds." Karl ran forward and dug his claw into Electivire's side.

The giant Pokémon grunted and his fist began to crackle with electricity, he slammed it into Karl and the Kabutopps was flung back.

Zax's claws began to glow black and extended outward, he dashed forward and jumped into the air then he struck Gengar, flinging it downward.

Alpha concentrated and blasted a small red ball into the sky, Gizzit dashed forward and blasted Clefable's face with his thunderbolt.

Karl rebounded quickly and unleashed a shock of electricity onto Gengar and Clefable. Then began slashing Electivire. Alpha stopped Electivire from punching Karl again with his flamethrower.

Gengar and Clefable both hurled glowing spheres at the group. Gizzit closed his eyes and screens appeared in front of the attacks, the attacks passed through the screens weakened making the blow less painful to Alpha and Karl.

Zax concentrated on Electivire and bolted forward, punching the towering Pokémon rapidly and forcefully. When he was done the electric giant fell onto its back defeated.

Clefable and Gengar shared a look of worry but didn't retreat. Clefable summoned a giant flame that flew into Jellicent's shop.

"My shop!" Jellicent cried.

Gengar flew high into the sky and two purple spheres appeared in his hands. He began firing them at the guild.

"The guild! Stay away from my home!" Gizzit cried and a giant bolt of electricity roared from the sky, blasting Gengar out of the air and onto the ground.

Clefable began to shake its finger and then a wave of energy washed over Gengar and Electivire. Clefable smirked.

"I hope you enjoyed our little diversion. We'll be back once you're all through! Marshadow will now take care of you!" Clefable laughed, Electivire and Gengar got up and they ran off.

Zax winced, the fight had taken a toll on him. "The guild is damaged, everyone is missing, and now these guys are back."

Jellicent was trying to pick up the broken remains of his shop. "It's all destroyed. I'll have to call my sister back home so we can rebuild the shop."

"Why did the destroy Jellicent's shop? What was their goal?" Alpha wondered.

Gizzit scoffed. "They said it themselves, it was a diversion."

Just then Flutter let out a claw and he dove in from the sky and landed, with Omega and Maryland on his back.

"Where's the danger?" Maryland asked.

"We just got rid of them," Karl told her.

"Where's the rest of your group?" Zax asked.

Maryland gestured to Bridge Tower. "It's a long story. But they're all safe, they'll just take a while to get back."

"Well you can explain back at the guild, we need to get an estimation of the damage anyways." The group walked back to the guild.

Zax didn't even bother to stop and ask questions, he simply rushed inside the Guild, overwhelmed with everything that had happened. They mentioned a creature called Marshadow, I wonder what it is. But most of all I'm worried, what if it's like Dark Rayquaza? Another shadow creature? What will we do without Jason?

Thanks so much for reading today's chapter! For the first time in I'm pretty sure ever we have back to back chapters! That probably won't happen again but for now enjoy it. This was a shorter chapter but last chapter was one of the longest ones yet. Anyways I hope you're all excited as we delve into Act II of this story. Have a nice day, bye!