Unknown Starbase: June 22**

A pod was beamed into the biology lab from the U.S.S. Draco, a Federation Cargo vessel arriving from the missing Mirana II Colony. Dr. Ian Hatheway was assigned to study the pod and its contents. His analysis of the pod and its function complete he opened the pod to find a female humanoid child that bears the anatomical resemblance of a human child of two Earth years in stasis. He was surprised and checked the flight log of the pod to find that the pod arrived at Mirana II after the colony reportedly went missing. 

He contacted Admiral Johnson over the com immediately, asking the admiral to join him in the lab quickly. Luckily the admiral was already outside the door to the lab thanks to "sensing a new life" as she had said. 

"She isn't human. She appears to have aged slowly thanks to the stasis. Her mental age appears to be incredibly close to that of a century-old Vulcan." Admiral Johnson hummed as she looked at the child.

"Of course the only telepath on the star base will know these things before I, the scientist, does. Could you let me have some of the fun for once?" Dr. Ian joked slightly.

"She reached out to me actually. She has quite a strong mind." Admiral Johnson hummed a little awkwardly.

"Who is this she you speak of Admiral?" the monotonous voice of Dr. Serin, the CMO of the star base, intoned.

"Her." Dr. Hatheway gestured to the seemingly young newcomer.

"Admiral, permission to attempt awakening of the humanoid female?" Dr. Serin asked interested in the small childlike alien.

"Permission granted, she requests that I be present." the admiral nodded and gently picked up the alien and a blanket from the storage closet before walking down the hall to sick bay.

Dr. Serin followed the admiral and directed her to a medical bed and began scanning and working on the alien lifeform. An Earth hour later the female Vulcan hummed in satisfaction when the readings on the scanner showed that the lifeform would be waking soon.

"Admiral, the lifeform will be completely awake in approximately five of your minutes." Dr. Serin pulled Admiral Johnson from her trance like silence.

"Are you sure it will be only five minutes?" the admiral had a glint in her eye that made the doctor feel a tad bit nervous under her cool exterior.

"Yes, is there a particular reason why I should be incorrect, Admiral?" Serin swallowed her anxious emotions before asking.

"Yes cousin, there is." A child like voice said in fluent Vulcan causing the doctor to turn quickly to the bed to see the alien sitting up looking back at her.

"Two minutes." Admiral Johnson smirked

"I am (Y/n). Daughter of the High Council Leader of Gi'yanna Prime. I am the last of my people." the child sized alien spoke this time in English.

"How old are you?" Dr. Serin asked skeptically.

"With the conversion of my planets time to Earth, most likely 150 Earth years old, give or take as the humans say. On my planet only two sweeps." She answered after thinking for a moment.

"How is it that you are able to communicate so well?" Dr. Serin was writing notes.

"My home traveled slowly around our star, so my people adapted to age just as slowly as our planet traveled. Our mental development and such, however stayed the same as it began with. My people are able to enter the work force after 2 sweeps. I was in training to be an engineer on one of my people's many seed ships." (Y/n) explained.

"Around what age do your people begin to reproduce?" the admiral shook her head at Serin with a pointed look, the Vulcan didn't notice as she was fervently making notes.

"Reproduction may occur during the sixteenth sweep and continue well into the 150th. May I have something to wear?" (Y/n) was covering herself with some well placed arm and leg posing.

"Yes, any requests, like a dress or anything?" the admiral asked the little alien.

"No a basic uniform is perfect, I can help in the engineering sector, if needed. I've been trained well enough to help maintain upkeep of an engine of this size." She smiled at the youthful admiral (the admiral was like 40 at the least).

"You would have to be cleared by both the CMO and Head of Security before I can allow you near the engines. Any particular color?" Admiral Johnson gave a sad smile.

"I understand. Gray will be perfect. Admiral, who is the eldest crew member aboard?" She asked with determination.

"That would currently be the Vulcan ambassador, however I would suggest not speaking with him. He does not take kindly to those who would decimate the peace of his meditations." Serin answered her pointedly. The admiral went off to the nearest clothes replicator and had grabbed a child sized version of a vulcan body suit. She hummed softly to herself not noticing a gloomy atmosphere that had taken over the area around her.

"Admiral, have you had any word on the mysterious pod that that cargo ship had transported aboard?" a deep monotone voice rang from the corner of the room.

"Yes, Ambassador, the pod contained an 150 year old child who called Dr. Serin cousin in Vulcan." the admiral intoned without looking at the ambassador keeping her attention on the clothes, searching for some adorable looking outfits for the child.

"Fascinating. I would like to speak to this ancient child, when they are properly cleared." The admiral gave a nod to the ambassador as she left to hand the clothes over to the still nude child.

**{a.n.}**
This was written from a crazy idea I had late at night. There are so few long term stories for Star Trek and I wanted to add into the lacking literature. Any complaints, questions, and concerns will be answered and dealt with to the best of my ability. Thank you.