Unknown Starbase: Following week

The Klingon had been pacing the length of his cell since he had the conversation with the Gi'Yan. He was quick to grab the pin thinking that it was a bargaining chip.

"The nearest Klingon vessel is on course to reclaim you." Marshall hummed as he sipped on a smoothie. 

That sentence alone was enough to cause him to stop his pacing and look over at the security chief. The dread that it caused was remarkable for the proud Klingon. Next came the shame.

~~~~

(Y/n) guided the two Klingon officers that were sent from the vessel that refuses to dock at one of the pile-ons to the brig so that they can retrieve the intruder. The only intel that they would get ahold of was knowledge of the Gi'Yan aboard the starbase and the location of the brig.

"They must think us weak to send a child." The first officer of the Klingons complained as he was escorted by (Y/n).

"Or they think her capable enough to handle two Klingon warriors on her own." The Captain of the Klingon ship side-eyed his subordinate.

"Or I'm the only one on this station that knows your language. Take your pick." (Y/n) broke into their conversation and calmly notified them that they have reached their destination.

"You are a disgrace to the empire." The Captain growled at the captive.

"Sir, it isn't his fault that I'm too much a coward to not spill his blood. I do suggest, though, that you leave with him and never return, I may not be so cowardly next time." The Gi'Yan threw herself into the execution seat for the sake of this young man.

"Does she speak the truth boy?" The First Officer had grabbed the youth's collar in an intimidating manner.

"Yes, she does sir."  The boy had caught onto her lie and was willing to follow through with it to the bitter end.

"Very well, your life is now in her hands. Everything you do will be to her honor until she dies." The Captain glowered at the boy.

"Yes, Captain." The youth paled slightly.

"Girl, do you have a family crest?" The Captain asked (y/n).

"He is already in possession of it." She hummed.

"For your honor, he lives, if he is dishonorable in any way then you must spill his blood, do you understand?" The first officer asked her.

"Clearly." (Y/n) then guided them back to the docking bay, where they boarded their shuttlecraft and left the station.

She breathed a sigh of relief, before using her radio to ask engineering to do a sweep for any unusual patterns in the station. The young alien was soon pulled into a hug from behind by LeeAnn.

"I'm gonna miss you girlie." The older woman hummed.

"Hey now, isn't it a bit too soon for goodbyes?" (Y/n) turned to the engineer.

"No, the envoy leaves in a couple of hours." LeeAnn's eyebrows were furrowed wondering if she was told of the altered plans.

"Oh. I should go pack up then. Thank you, give little Hunter my regards." She hurried off to her shared quarters with Serin and packed her things into a bag.

She then made her way to Sickbay to say goodbye to Serin and Dr. Ian. After which she said goodbye to everyone who wasn't going to make it to the send-off. She then ran to the send-off location to see the three men talking with an unknown woman.

When they noticed her they introduced her to Uhura who came to make sure that Scotty doesn't try to drink the girl under the table since McCoy will be too busy trying to endure the shuttle ride to the Intrepid and the other man is to pilot.  The decision to meet the ship back to earth on it's way to the starbase was made by the admiral, since the Klingons in the area may take it as a challenge. Uhura asked (y/n) about the number of languages she knew when they set off. (Y/n) being the mystery she likes to be replied with a vague "All." Which silenced any future attempts at conversation.

"Is leaving now really the wisest thing we can do?" (y/n) asked everyone there. 

"No, but with the Klingons in the area it could go South." Bones pouted at the almost uninterested alien.

"Correct, it could, or it could also be but a passing storm. By leaving, we're telling the Klingons that the station is worth so little to Starfleet and they will attack the starbase for easy honor." She pulled out a book from her bag, one that Neran gave her.

"No worries, Lass, I made updates to the weapons systems on the starbase, they should be enough to take care of any problems they might have with the Klingons." Scotty tinkered with a circuit.

"We are getting being hailed from a Klingon bird of prey." Uhura sounded from her spot of to the side. "Should we answer?"

"We die either way." McCoy huffed.

"We'll die if we don't, go for it." (y/n) spoke up. 

With a nod, Uhura pushed the button and the Klingon boy that (y/n) spared came on the view screen.

"I am looking for Lady (y/n). Life signs matching hers are present on your vessel and I am bound by honor to see to her safety." He sounded through the translator.

"She is here, may I ask who you are so that she may know as well?" Uhura calmly asked.

"I am Kurz, I have no family. Let Lady (y/n) know that my captain asked me to notify her that we will escort your vessel to the rendezvous point." Kurz saluted and ended the transmission.

" Aye, Lassy ye've some explaining to do." Scotty stopped what he was doing and looked at the reading alien.

"He's right, what was that about?" McCoy was about to snap.

"I just didn't kill him is all, since he had no family to fight for I seemed to have given him one." She was reading a play by Shakespeare.

"How can you be so calm?" McCoy growled.

"I'm not, I know that he will tire of the elation of life I gave him, and I know that when the time comes I will have to spill his blood or die failing. Either option is unfavorable." She said without looking up from her book.