End of the school year

The end of Junior year came quickly. Between everything that happened and is constantly beating up Mario and company, I was actually looking forward to downtime this summer.

With Jordan and Frazier around, I knew the summer wouldn't be dull. As for Bella, apparently, she worked things out with Paul and even introduced him to us. He was decent.

Maybe I misjudged her but then again maybe I'm the tooth fairy too. I still had my reservations about her. Apparently, Frazier had an issue with her but never elaborated. He was polite but I could tell it was forced.

Jordan on the other hand still didn't trust her. He had his reasons and I trusted him. Elena and she became closer so she was around more.

One evening we were talking, just like two people do and she leaned over and I pulled back, "what are you doing?"

"Oh. I just thought," she started to say.

"What? That because we were talking you thought I was open to kissing you?"

She looked at me and I ran my hand through my hair, "look, it was a conversation but I'm not interested. Plus, you have a boyfriend."

She got closer to me, "and if I didn't have a boyfriend?"

I got up off the couch and said, "it wouldn't matter. Bella, I'm not interested in you like that. So, please just stop." I walked away. This girl could not take a hint. The only girl I had an interest in, wasn't here because she hadn't arrived yet. The truth was, I didn't know what to expect when she did arrive. I didn't have much to go on except she was highly intelligent and beyond beautiful.

She had beautiful light brown hair and the prettiest grey eyes I had ever seen. Something about her drew me to her. I just didn't know what it was. I knew when we did come face to face, things would get interesting. Something in my gut told me it would.

*******
The last day of school. The last day I would ever have to deal with these people. The mocking, the jokes, the name calling. All I ever wanted to do was fit in but I never did.

My shyness overtook me and it was hard to speak to people. If I even attempted to open my mouth, I was already rejected. I walked over feeling like the biggest reject ever. Not one person offered to be my friend. Not one person offered to talk to me. Not one single person.

I sat home every dance. No homecoming. No junior prom. No dance. No one asked me. I clinched my books to my chest in hopes a guy would ask me, but they never did.

In grade school, I watched kids get Valentines while my little pocket that hung from my desk, stayed empty. I watched the kids were all excited as I sat in the back with my head down. Why did no one like me? Was I so bad? I just didn't understand.

Middle school was worse. I sat alone at lunch and by myself at school functions so I dove into books. They became my only friend and salvation. It was then, I developed a love for reading. The library was my safe haven. The librarian was kind to me. Often allowing me to sit in her office so I could read or work on homework.

High school was the same, so I gave up ever wanting friends. It was just easier that way. It didn't matter though, they always found a way to make me feel like shit.

I walked into the house and up to my room. We were packing. The movers would be here tomorrow to take us to our new home. Come fall I would be starting my senior year at Saintwood High. I didn't know whether to be excited or scared.

What would the people be like? Would they be nice or would they be the same as the others? Would things be different? I just wasn't so sure. I packed my stuff and finished in time to take a shower and get ready for bed.

I laid in bed and stared out the window. As I looked at the stars I wondered what was out there waiting for me.

******
I walked out of the bathroom in a pair of sweats and over to my window. I looked out into the night sky. The stars were brighter than usual. I had to wonder if she was looking at the same stars as I was.

What was she like? Was she friendly? Was she funny? Was she snobby? God, I hope not.

Was her skin soft? Her lips? Why am I thinking these things? She might not even like me.

My mind drifted about her. I had to know her. I had to know everything about her. Just the thought of her drove me nuts. All I had was that stupid file and picture. Other than that, I knew nothing about her.

I didn't even know when she would be starting school. All I knew is that this summer couldn't end fast enough. Whatever happened, I would make Alexandra Hartley mine.

Woo boy. Apparently, things are about to get interesting.

The next couple of chapters are going to bounce between Ryan's and Alex's point of view. Also, there are two chapters left of the prequel. Sniff.

Get ready because the last chapter will be the lead in. As for the name of the chapter, I already have it planned 😉. I think you will like it. Well, at least I hope you do.