Chapter 3: The Hunt for The Truth

Claire exited the tent as her fingers were pressing against the needle wound, she exhales and looks at her arm. 

But then her attention was grab as she saw trucks rolling into the encampment, trucks from WilPharma. She steps out and watches them leave inside the encampment.

~8~8~8~

Off at a secured spot in the encampment, Leon had his phone out with Hunnigan in the other line. Annabelle and Jacob were standing on both sides of him as they were looking down at her as well. "Hey Hunnigan, I'm reporting in." Leon states as Annabelle and Jacob waved at her. 

I already heard. The marines landed in the nick of time and saved the day, I can't tell you how relieved I am.

She informs them. "I'm amazed that you even got authorization for that, you must have pulled a few strings," he tells her. Jacob smirks to himself. 

Yes well, I have my resources. After I received confirmation from Usamrion, the virus used in this attack was, in fact, the T-virus, I submitted a plan to the President.

She informs them. Annabelle shifts in her spot, "What did he do?" she asks her, 

He pushed it through with his emergency act, every marine involved with the assault was vaccinated. 

She informs her, "And the terrorist, what are they demanding?" Jacob asks her. 

No, not yet, but the FBI captured a member of General Gronda's army in Los Angeles just moments ago, when we interrogate him, he might give us some information that might establish a link between this terrorist attack and the one in India. 

She informs him. "And maybe we'll finally dig up a lead on the whereabouts of the former Umbrella Corporation employees that got to be the ones petting the virus on the black market," he states, then Annabelle tilts her head as she heard Claire. "Oh boy, wrap it up boys, we need to calm Claire down."

~8~8~8~

The trucks were parked and Claire was arguing with the doctor, "What the hell going? Why are WilPharma drugs being brought here?" she questions. "It's the vaccine." a man calls out. 

She turns and saw that it was the same man that she was talking to before the attack at the airport. "You? What are you doing here?" she asks him and Davis walks out, "He's WilPharma head researcher." he states and the man pushes his glasses up a little. 

The men quickly left as she just looks at him, "May I introduce Fredrick Downing." he states and Fredrick waves a little. "He's the one who develops a vaccine for the virus, which you, in particular, are so familiar with," Davis states as he walks to her with Fredrick.

She just looks at them, Jacob walks up to them, "You mean the infection in the territorial?" she asks him and he places his hands on his hips. "You thought that was WilPharma engineered it didn't you?" he questions then laughs at her. 

But his laughter was cut short as he heard knuckles being cracked, then Jacob just gives his infamous death glare, "You should stop while you're ahead," he states and Davis gulps as he still remembers the punch. 

Jacob clutches his fists, "So what the counter-argument here," he asks as he stands next to Claire and crosses his arms. "Utterly ridiculous. An undulation, that's what they've been working on, to prevent away from a further outbreak." he states and this confuses Claire "But..." she states. "Claire, it's true," Leon calls out and she looks over at him as Annabelle and Angela followed him.