10: Can I Tell You a Secret?

Peace; the release of tension when you are finally able to sleep and forget about the shitty situation that has been replaying on your mind up until that moment

Apparently, Peace Gods aren't on my side tonight because after what felt like seconds since laying my head on my pillow, and finally getting a release from my stupid thoughts, I was awakened by the loud sound of repeated banging. I shoved a pillow over my ears and tried to drown the obnoxious sound out of someone knocking, and fall back to my peaceful state.

A minute later, the noise still hadn't stopped.

With a groan, I rolled out of bed, walking to the front of the house, not bothering to let them know I was coming in hopes whoever it was would fuck off in the time it took me to reach the door.

I wiped my eyes to see clearer, most likely smudging my mascara I hadn't bothered to take off as I unlock the front door. I opened it, looking at whos there and almost shutting it straight in their faces. I was greeted by two people holding up a guy who looked like he'd had one too many drinks, the girl and guy obviously having to hold up his weight.

"Sebastian was driving and his car broke down, that's the only reason we're here, did we wake you?" Sherrie's once soft voice had turned obnoxious and full of curiosity, her speech slurred. "I know you don't want to see him, or m-"

"What'd he have?" I cut her off, already getting annoyed with her, eyeing Jack off as he lay limp, vomit on the front of his shirt.

"I don't know," Sherrie mumbled and I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from saying anything. They were probably together all night, how'd she not know what he had?

Instead of screaming at her like a banshee, I tried to change the subject, turning to Sebastian. "Where's Izzy?"

"At a guys house," Sherrie buts in, and I turn back to her. She continued, "I don't know who's, just a guys. He's in college with Jack."

I smiled grimly, "that really nails it down from every other college guy there." I opened the door and finally allowed them inside; "You're not very observant, are you?"

I turned back to Sebastian, sitting down on my couch as I spoke; "you can chuck him on my bed, I'm staying up for a mix anyway." My voice was husky as the sleep clearly hadn't worn off in the last 5 minutes, and the few hours of sleep certainly didn't help my drunk situation. "You can join if you like."

The three of us sat around my lounge room, lazily sprawled on the couches as Sebastian and I smoked, Sherrie just giggling and probably trying to get room stoned

The three of us sat around my lounge room, lazily sprawled on the couches as Sebastian and I smoked, Sherrie just giggling and probably trying to get room stoned.  "Can I tell you a secret?" She moved towards Sebastian and he raises his eyebrow at her, an amused smirk clear on his face.

"Nah."

Despite the obvious disinterest in her secret, she leaned closer to him, wrapping her arms around him like a four-year-old would to a golden retriever.

"I love him." She slapped her hand over her mouth after, looking up at me and back to Sebastian, and I wasn't sure if she was trying not to giggle or trying not to cry. She's a mess. "I love him so much and you," she paused, being far too over dramatic, "don't like me at all. Jack's best friend can't hate me."

"You don't love any-" He was cut off by her as she tried to rest her head on his shoulder, resulting in him pulling back, trying not to laugh.

"What are you, ten?" My jaw dropped as even through her drunken state she seemed to know not to defend herself, instead, she kept pouting, sitting back in the chair, her eyes watery.

"He doesn't love me." She finalised, and Sebastian just shrugs.

I just grabbed the bowl from the table, noticing we'd smoked the remainders of what's in there. I just took more of the weed out of the tin foil, before chopping it into the bowl as we all sat there quietly.

Sherrie's eyes were glued to me for a reason I didn't know – I looked in her direction, she was looking at me and I didn't like it. It's not that I didn't like her; well actually it was that I didn't like her. I don't like that she could just sit there and cry about the guy I love not loving her. Granted she was drunk, but it wasn't an excuse to me, and I certainly didn't expect my Saturday night to feature her acting like we were friends and she could say shit like that about my ex.

"How do you do that so fast without cutting your hands?" Sherrie's glazed eyes were stuck examining my hands while I chopped the bud and tobacco until it was almost a dusty consistency. I just shrugged. A dirty habit leads to accomplishing dirty things.

"Am I even supposed to ask questions like that? I know I'm being annoying." She concluded, shaking her head at herself. It was clearly her first time wasted and the emotion I felt for her was one of sympathy and jealousy — she'd gone her whole life up until now before she had to be hassled by drugs and alcohol. If you ask me, it's not a bad thing.

"Sebastian's just good at mixing drinks I suppose."  She slurred.

"Well, I won't deny that one; I'm Spring Valley's best bartender." He smirked as she agreed blindly, and I could visibly see his ego growing. If he got any more of that he'll explode like a guy watching a Nicki Minaj music video.

"It's easy to do, just chuck drinks in a cup and look hot while doing it." I argued and he shook his head, clicking his tongue.

"You need to master the art, darlin."

Curiosity took over, as it tended to do around him lately. I held up my finger, as if to say 'one minute',  before I packed the cone piece, taking the bong to my lips and lighting it up, breathing in the smoke as I ripped it, before taking my hand off the shotty and breathing in the remainder of the smoke, taking it away from my lips and passing it to Sebastian, breathing out the smoke.

I smirked at Sebastian before I got up from the couch, going into the cupboard, looking up at Debbie's alcohol on the top shelf. My hands moved on their own, grabbing a bottle down of the Jack Daniels and Smirnoff, and getting different drinks to mix them with out of the fridge, walking over and setting them down on the coffee table, walking back to get glasses. "Best in Spring Valley, huh?"