A Life Lesson Learnt

Years ago, when I was a child, an incident took place which I'd never forget.

____

"Dada, why are we standing in a line?", I asked my grandfather, frustrated by the queue in the bank.

Distracted with my sudden question, he said, "Hon, there's an issue with my account. So I gotta deal with that".

"You know dada, nowadays we can do all these online. You don't need to stand in lines at all". There was a slight delight in my voice that I could help him with something useful.

My grandfather is a retired teacher, a well educated man and a honest human being. I was very close to him. With his brilliance, he taught me many life lessons in simple ways.

"Dada", I said in an enthusiastic voice, "Not only this, we can buy our groceries, medicines for you and dadi, anything and everything online just with a click!". I was clearly taking pride in the technology knowledge I've.

He smiled.

"So beta, we don't need to go outside at all, for all these things?", Dada asked me.

"Absolutely no!", I replied, with confidence.

"Oh!", he sighed. "Last time when I came to bank, I stumbled upon my old friend, here at this place. It had been more than five years since I've seen him. Great to know that old boy is doing fantastic".

And Ram, when I got a dizzy feeling day before while walking roadside, it was the medical shopowner in our lane who had helped me reach home.

The grocery shop owner in the next lane always ask our well-being. The little chit-chat which I'll have with him makes me and him, both happy.

Do we get those things online too?"

I was not sure what to say. I was shaking my head involuntarily.

"Beta, we can get things done online quickly, but we can never find these bonds there. Sometimes it's not the quickness that is important, it is the sense of human touch that unites us the emotions we share are important. They're what we should strive for".

It left me absolutely speechless.

Dada surely has a way to teach me valuable life lessons.

___

Will never forget you grandpa.
R.I.P.